Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY CAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY UN-DRIVABLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: MY CAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY UN-DRIVABLE!!!

Same company and practically same turbo. I would say its going to be the same.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

I hate to say it, but try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K03-TURBOCHRARGER-AUDIA-JETTA-1-8T-TURBO-K-03-OIL-LINE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ016QQite mZ260149601938QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

For $300 shipped, it would be hard for me to turn down if I was in a sticky situation. Says the compressor is 1/2 inch bigger than stock... That sounds nice........?
If someone is rebuidling your turbo, consider shipping costs/insurance, etc.
I know you have the ***** to be a guinea pig, so just buy that ****!
Id take a used turbo over that any day.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Site Moderator

I dont know of anyone that has personal experience with an ebay k03 to say one way or the other. Who knows what quality bearings/internals are used. Theyve been around a while though and the feedback is very good, so???????
Id take a used $150 k03 over it any day too though.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
2nd Gear

see school is exactly the same reason i dont have money ever. cause during school everything that goes wrong with my car my rents pay for and i have to pay them back during winter break or summer break, so i never have money of my own to buy new parts for my car. i wish we got paid to go to school that would make life so much easier. i would start working full time right now if i wasnt going to be making more money with a degree. thats the only reason im in school. anyway, im done ranting. good luck with the car, and worse comes to worse get a credit card or take out a small student loan if ur in college.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm make believe

I dont know of anyone that has personal experience with an ebay k03 to say one way or the other. Who knows what quality bearings/internals are used. Theyve been around a while though and the feedback is very good, so???????
Id take a used $150 k03 over it any day too though.
The thing is that most if not all of these turbos havent been balanced. So when higher psi is used, they fail. Not to mention some of the housings used before were glued [:'(]

Old 08-21-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: fumoazul99

hey man... that ABS thing your talking about happens to my car to... but for some reason i have to be going like under 5mph and be turning to the left... no ABS light turns on either... my mechanic said that when it turns on he will fix it
The ABS sensor is probably dirty or bad. It plugs into the hub and isnt hard to clean/replace.

Have you had any suspension work done lately? Control arms replaced? etc? Happens a lot when people don'tput the sensor back on right or a little dirt/grease gets on it.Its really an easy fix, just clean it and put it back on correctly. Won't take much at all. Your mechanic must not know too much about Audis[:@]

Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 PM
4th Gear

Yeah I just had the control arms replaced and it started acting up right after that. Is there any DIY for fixing it?

Josh

Old 08-21-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Yeah I just had the control arms replaced and it started acting up right after that. Is there any DIY for fixing it?

Josh
I don't know about any DIYs online but if you just got the control arm replaced maybe call the place that did it and say they didn't put the sensors back on right because thats what the problem is. If they're a decent place, they should fix their mistake.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM
4th Gear

Yeah unforunently I am 2 states away from there now. It will be hard to do.

Josh

Old 08-26-2007, 09:54 PM
4th Gear

Ok, Update! I now have a running car again! I got my coil packs from xxISPxx here on audiforums and they work great! My idle has improved and it runs a lot smoother! Now I just need to get a new turbo and also need to clean my ABS sensor or something to get that to work right again.

Josh

Quick Reply: MY CAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY UN-DRIVABLE!!!