Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY CAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY UN-DRIVABLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Default RE: MY CAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY UN-DRIVABLE!!!

hey man... that ABS thing your talking about happens to my car to... but for some reason i have to be going like under 5mph and be turning to the left... no ABS light turns on either... my mechanic said that when it turns on he will fix it

Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear

ya really or let them pay for it and you work it off doing chores over winter break

Old 08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: fumoazul99

hey man... that ABS thing your talking about happens to my car to... but for some reason i have to be going like under 5mph and be turning to the left... no ABS light turns on either... my mechanic said that when it turns on he will fix it
The ABS sensor is probably dirty or bad. It plugs into the hub and isnt hard to clean/replace.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

Okk sounds good. i will look into that. As for my parents paying for it they are really tight on money right now because of school and they just fixed my brothers car.

Josh

Old 08-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Gpopshop.com Every thing you said sounds like what happened when my turbo died. New turbo. no more problems. If you have the down time, you could send them your turbo and have them rebuild it for cheap. I would guess about $250. Call them and talk to Jerry.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: thebishop

Gpopshop.com Every thing you said sounds like what happened when my turbo died. New turbo. no more problems. If you have the down time, you could send them your turbo and have them rebuild it for cheap. I would guess about $250. Call them and talk to Jerry.
They jacked their prices recently. Ifyoure gunna stick to a k03, Id just try to find a lower mileageoneoff aB6 or something in the classifieds here and at other unmentionable audi forum type websites [&:]
They go for $150-$200 for one that isnt plastered in oil and has less than 80k miles.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:48 PM
4th Gear

Yeah I have talked to them. I am going to have it rebuilt there as soon as I come up with the money (which unfortunately won't be for a while). However when I do get it re-built I am going to have it re-built to K04 specs.

Also I am getting a set of coilpacks today as well from a guy here on AudiForums. He is selling all 4 of them for my engine for $65 + shipping. They only have about 200 miles on them.

Josh

Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Site Moderator

I hate to say it, but try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K03-TURBOCHRARGER-AUDIA-JETTA-1-8T-TURBO-K-03-OIL-LINE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ016QQite mZ260149601938QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

For $300 shipped, it would be hard for me to turn down if I was in a sticky situation. Says the compressor is 1/2 inch bigger than stock... That sounds nice........?
If someone is rebuidling your turbo, consider shipping costs/insurance, etc.
I know you have the ***** to be a guinea pig, so just buy that ****!

If money is tight, how are you going to get the supporting mods for the k04? Youve been talking about getting a chip for like 5 years!

Old 08-21-2007, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee
If money is tight, how are you going to get the supporting mods for the k04? Youve been talking about getting a chip for like 5 years!
Haha sorry josh but it true! We were talking about chipping our A4's forever ago... should have gone Inmotion man... lol I am not gonna lie it was a solid chip for the money.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:12 PM
4th Gear

If I get the K04 upgrade I don't have to get supporting mods right away. I am going to be getting a job here soon (Just waiting to hear back from them) and if I get it I will be making a LOT of money from it. Then I can get the supporting mods. It's just like chipping it, why get a chip for the stock turbo if you are planning on going K04 down the road? Same thing applies here. Plus isn't the K04 more reliable then the K03?

Josh

Quick Reply: MY CAR IS NOW OFFICIALLY UN-DRIVABLE!!!