Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Car has Been ina Collision

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Default RE: My Car has Been Damaged

Didnt they buff/wax your whole car?

When they did my car (black) it all looked so wet.. so clean.. made we want to never drive it again!

My shop used good materials.. and like buffed it for 20 minutes, waxes another 20.. and then buffed.. blah blah...

The shop I took mine too worked specifically on German vehicles.. there were some nice mercedes and porches there

Old 03-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator

but the problem with paintin parts of the car is that u will never get it to match wit the whole car so it will look funky

Old 03-03-2006, 04:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

but the problem with paintin parts of the car is that u will never get it to match wit the whole car so it will look funky
The side had to be painted b/c of the collision, had no choice there. As for the bumper, thats the best part to paint, b/c most of the times if it is of a tint people will mistake it for lighting

The washed it, but said not to wax it for 3 weeks. And its got stuff all over it now b/c it sat bejind the shop and its dirty back there.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator

yea all collision repair shops seem to have all gravel floors and dirt everywhere
my uncle's is the same thing

Old 03-03-2006, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

yea all collision repair shops seem to have all gravel floors and dirt everywhere
my uncle's is the same thing
yep.

But I plan on getting a clear bra for the newly painted bumper and hood, and getting Zaino to eep the car clean with. I'm going to post a thread about Zaino now

Old 03-03-2006, 07:11 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Cameron

Well, you might consider choosing the best of all the 'insurance approved' body shops. Then after the work is done, take it to a really nice body shop and tell them you want the body work critiqued. They should point out all the flaws in the work. Then go back to your insurance company and say, "My policy says that my car will be restored to the state it was in prior to the accident, here's a list of what is still wrong." You might get some runaround, so I would clear this up with them before they even begin repair work, but they should pay for the work to restore it to prior condition.
I just took that into note, so I went back out to my car to take a closer look. btw, even though it was just painted, it's very dirty b/c the lot it was in is dirty. So i didnt notice anything at first glance. But at a closer looks, ther are some of those little sand-grain sized bumps UNDER the paint here and there. Is this normal? Or does this mean they didn't prep it correctly before paint?

Old 03-04-2006, 06:54 AM
5th Gear

It means it was either preped poorly or they have a shitty paint booth, it means they didnt color sand it and probably just cleared over all that crap, id take it sone where and make the insurance pay to have it done to like new