Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car had a Flood!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 02:20 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: My car had a Flood!!!!!!!!!!!

when he's cupping out the water? Imola, that will take forever dude!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:38 AM
3rd Gear

I meant afterwards.... doh!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:40 AM
4th Gear

lol, oh alright. i thought u were talkin about liftin the corners and blowdrying it then.
still think fans and de-humidifyers would dry it out much sooner. and hell, you don't have to sit there watching ti

Old 04-05-2005, 02:42 AM
1st Gear

This is ironic because Im having the exact same problem as we speak. A couple weeks ago I found a puddle behind my drivers seat after it rained. So what I did was went to the car wash and used one of there vacuums to get all the water out, then I got a cup of water, sat in the car, rolled the window down and poured water on top of the car without obviously pouring it through the window, and to my surprise there was a small drip from the top of the frame seal. Between where the door and the frame meets. It didnt wet my seat because it dripped right on the floor. I then put silicone on the seal but it didnt hold for long, so I checked the dealer and a new seal is about $150. Today I decided to try one more thing before I pay the thiefs I mean dealer. I cut open the seal and put silicone in it and its drying right now, I hope it works. I dont know if this is the same problem you have but hopefully it can help you out!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:45 AM
1st Gear

for a while i place my heat gun under the carpet (it wasnt touching ay plastics or too close) I left it there for like 10min but then im not sure if my gun will over heat so i turned it off. There is a fan on the gun but i didn't want to risk. well tomoorow i'll bring out a fan and used the heat gun at the same time. Thanks for all the imput guys

Old 04-05-2005, 02:50 AM
4th Gear

if it were me.... that carpet would be out.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

Wow isnt it awesome when you have a something in mind and you go onto these forums and BAM your not the only one or you just found what you was looking for. I love it haha any how, i think my problem was the round rubber seal in the front, the seal was just not put in place so i put it back. Who knows maybe i got your problem too!!! imaybe i shouldnt jinx myself

Old 10-23-2006, 01:48 AM
5th Gear

I'm having this (among others) problem right now... grr!!! [:@]

It's times like these where I understand why Audi has a bad rep. My CEL is always on for something, backseat is flooding, and my ABS is kicking in every single stop because the damned relucter rings are screwed up. This water situation is the biggest **** off of all, though. Makes me want a Honda.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:02 PM
5th Gear

Damnit. I looked up this problem for a while last night, and was really hoping it'd be the drain underneath the battery. Doesn't appear to be the case... I didn't remove the battery, but I could see only a bit of wetness around it. I might go remove it anyways, as I guess it could have slowly drained throughout the night... If it isn't the battery, then I guess it should be the sunroof drains. I haven't run the AC in quite a while.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
3rd Gear

my money is on sunroof drains...

Quick Reply: My car had a Flood!!!!!!!!!!!