Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My brother got a cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 04:47 AM
Default RE: My brother got a cobalt SS

well when he upgrades u say screw dragging lets do some tracks or windy roads and then ull destory him b/c of his TQ steer.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:50 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: apg96

well when he upgrades u say screw dragging lets do some tracks or windy roads and then ull destory him b/c of his TQ steer.
TQ steer is more of a launching thing not a track thing isnt it

Old 12-23-2005, 05:21 AM

sry i wouldnt know, i thought it was whenver u accelerated. I never had to deal with it RWD, and AWD all i have driven

Old 12-23-2005, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

Well if you got the money do both.. If you go with the ko4 turbo you will need a bigger exhaust and downpipe to handle the excess flow. the exhust kit from greedspeed.com i think is your best shot. it come with a full exhaust and downpipe...pretty much everything you need from the headers back. Also you will need fuel injectors to handle the need for more fuel to the motor. plugs are a given with any upgrade close to what you wanna do. A chip will give you a good amount of power, but you also need a dv upgrade for the increased pressure.

in short if you upgrade to both and want the full power gain with less dmg to the engine you will need the following:
(in order of importance)

Full exhaust w/ downpipe
DV
FPR (5 bar if you chip it)
Spark plugs
Injectors

most of this is what i would do personally.
not all of it is really "needed" but is important. In my opinion...without the small upgrades as well as the large its like running a fully built engine on 87 octane...it just doesnt make sence....i mean...yeah it will work, but how well and with what damage done.

Old 12-23-2005, 05:47 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

DV-yes. Clutch-eh. Your call. Injectors/fuel pump-no, unless you get a PC-16 or equivalent file. Then I think you need injectors. I'm not an authority, though. Adjustable FPR-yes.

Why don't you just pull the trigger on the AWE holiday K04 sale? It's a couple hundred off an already cost-effective upgrade...you'll be faster than him until he upgrades his ****.
I'll search AWE thanks guys....I want to do it right.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:25 AM
4th Gear

TT DV, K04, clutch, chip and call it a day.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

you will WALK ALL OVER HIM with a ko4. but don't be normal,, go BIG!!! goto vwvortex . There are guys on the tech forums that make wonderful manifold for a great price(fast_a2_20v). you can go gt series for a great spool and tire smokin even with AWD, or t3/t4 for all out top end.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:00 PM
2nd Gear

just use that gsx in your sig to continually rape him....who cares about the audi? but if you must you must.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: GraffixWB

you will WALK ALL OVER HIM with a ko4. but don't be normal,, go BIG!!! goto vwvortex . There are guys on the tech forums that make wonderful manifold for a great price(fast_a2_20v). you can go gt series for a great spool and tire smokin even with AWD, or t3/t4 for all out top end.
Hot damn that's a good tip off. Now I just need to learn to weld, and I can try to homebrew the easy hardware (downpipe, intake) for a GT-series setup. 250 manifold, 1000 turbo, downpipe=negligible.....

I agree with what he's saying, though. If you don't mind the ridicule right now, you could wait until you can afford a non-Krispy Kreme Kompressor turbo and get a semi-custom GT setup. It would cost more, but then you could do AWD burnouts. I don't know how well they make those Cobalt 2-liters, but he might have to fork up some big money to play with you after that.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:43 PM
2nd Gear

Hey you could beat him stock! heres how....

1. Disconnect his battery
2. Summon a race where you both have to sprint to your cars
3. race off down the road and point and laugh

Quick Reply: My brother got a cobalt SS