Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Alarm doesnt *chirp* anymore........

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Default My Alarm doesnt *chirp* anymore........

Hey all,

First off, I have an '03 A4 1.8t Q

Quick question, the other day I noticed when I hit the lock button on the remote the *chirp* noise that verifies the alarm engaging was VERY faint. Couple days later and now I dont hear it at all when I lock the doors.

I made sure all doors were closed and the truck as well as the hood. I dont know how to set off the alarm to see if it goes off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
TommyFeds

Old 09-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Default RE: My Alarm doesnt *chirp* anymore........

the horn could be dead for the locking system..

best way to know if you can set off the alarm? VAG COM...

other than that , roll down the windows, lock the car...

wait a bit, then put your body in the car and move around, that should set off the motion sensors

Old 09-01-2006, 06:41 PM
5th Gear

if you want to set the alarm off just sit inside the car and use the keyless entry to lock the car. then just open the door from the inside. it even goes off if ur just movin around inside the car messin with stuff after u lock it and hear the chirp(u obviously wont hear it). if the alarm goes off then ur "chirp" just died and its something im sure u could live with. however if the alarm doesn't go off then ur alarm is not working and something might have gotten disconnected or somethin. just take it to any specialty shop that does alarms or better yet the dealership (which is always pricey) to get it checked out.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:49 PM
4th Gear

Sounds like the horn is bad, press the panic button on the remote to set it off, or do what chaos said. If the lights flash but no sound then its the horn.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:58 PM

The PANIC button [sm=chairshot.gif]..........stupid.........stupid........stupid [:@][:@][:@][:@]

Thanks, Ill give it a shot.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:17 AM

If all else fails check the fuse for it. Two days ago my central "convenience lights" went out. The lights that go on when the doors open or if you just switch them on by the moonroof ****. When this went out so did my chirp when I locked my car.. so i kept checkin to see if all the doors were closed. Looked up which fuse was the lights and replaced #38. This also fixed the alarm chirp... who knew. Check it out.

That is if everything else doesnt work. With my luck I'll have just typed all this for no reason at all and your horn is just bad. Keep us updated.