Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A4 is a cop magnet

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My A4 is a cop magnet

If you're not wearing a front plate in a state that requires it you're just begging for it. That's an open invitation.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:43 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jaki

Sorry to hear about the tickets.

ORIGINAL: audi_98_a4

I'll have to agree with you. All I have is tint and a german plate on the front and I get crap from cops all the time. Just face it, It's because we drive nicer cars than they ever will. They have to take it out on somebody.
Not sure what area you're from, but most cops around here drive some pretty nice cars. Quite a few of the cops that I work with (I'm not a cop) drive $40k+ cars, and they've only been on the force for a couple years.

Last time I got pulled over, was back in October, couple weeks after I had bought my Mercedes CLK55 AMG. I was going about 53 in a 35mph zone. The cop pulled me over, and asked if I had just bought the car, because my plate was still registered to the old car I traded in. He then went on to tell me that he loved my car, and asked me if I had done all those mods (which I did), and I proceeded to give him a tour of the car. He told me how he bought a new Corvette two weeks ago, and we talked about cars a bit. He never mentioned my speeding, just told me to have a nice day and take care.

I'm the same age as the original poster. May be the "Support Your Local Police" sticker that I have on my license plate helps... altough its technically not legal to have anything covering your license plate, and that sticker (looks like a sheriffs badge) covers up a third of my plate.
I agree.Cops can most likely afford the same cars that we have.Even thoughI am not a fan of the local police, I think it is stupid to assume they have no money. Even a 16 year old with a job can afford a nice B5 if he cares to.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 AM

cops do enjoy pullin young kids over for no reason and then giving them bs tickets... stupid *** pigs they should all get shot or they should find something better to do then pull people over for retarded stuff...what can u do though...the cops around my town are total idiots who have nothing to do but pull people over all day for nothing...what a waste....

Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: rjplunk9

Wow that is outrageous. So many cops are on powertrips its unreal. They should focus on actaully stopping crime and preventing accidents not this bullshit.
+1 I agree completely. They should be a little more useful.

It kinda bothers me that my taxes pay for them to give bs tickets...seems very counter-productive

Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I have tint and a german plate on my car, and as I said, I have to try to get pulled over. Then, when I do, all I have to do is flash my 'upstanding citizen' license and I get off with a warning. It's not about what you've done, it's about how you actually talk to the cop when he pulls you over. Any attitude at all and you're just begging for a ticket.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

Thats blows. Tell them to *** off next time they write u. They cant do **** if u do.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:12 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Are you 13 or something? Pull an attitude with a cop and you're just begging for a ticket.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Are you 13 or something? Pull an attitude with a cop and you're just begging for a ticket.
Exactly. All the cops that I know tell me that they hate writting tickets. They try to avoid it. If the person they pulled over has a good attitude, they will let them off with a warning most of the time (depending on the violation). If they have a bad attitude, they will write them up for every single thing they can possibly find.

Here in Miami, cops don't do many traffic stops usually. The only time they will pull you over is if you're doing something really stupid, you act/look suspicous, or they're doing a big speed trap. They say they have better things to do than pull people over for speeding. State troopers are mainly the one's that get you for speeding here.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM

yep they need to stop doin this...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Same here. I have illegal tint and I don't have my front plate on, and when I got pulled over for blowing the red light the cop only cared about the light. Why? Because I wasn't a f*cking ******* to him, and I have the 'upstanding citizen' license

Quick Reply: My A4 is a cop magnet