Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A4= Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:20 PM
1st Gear
Default My A4= Bad Luck

I purchased it about a month ago. I started getting humming around 40mph so i had the wheel bearing done. He noticed a few other things that i should take care of. Control arms, sway bar links, tie rod wich i had done, and a few others. He didn't tighten up my lugs right and my wheel came off while i was driving. I was only going about 20mph but my fender is pretty bad and my sideskirts messed up also. I brought it to my local audi dealer and they told me my cv boot is ripped and an evap line or gas line or something is bent. The tech said he was fully responsible and would take care of it but when asked to put in writing he wouldnt and the owner came out with some BS story so i'm thinking i'm going to have to sue him. Its around 2k worth of damage to the body and another 2k for mechanical stuff. Two days later some lady backs into me and leaves a big scuff mark and dented my trunk lid. Oh and the second day i had my car they were doing some construction near my house and cut out a huge section of the road and no cones or nothing and i swerved at the last second so two of my rims have big dents in them. I really just want to fix the body work and sell it but i like the color and the aftermarket things on it but its got some things that need attention and i can't find another place to work on my car besides the place that forgot my lugnuts and my audi dealer which is exspensive as hell.

Sorry for the quality they were all taken on my cell. I don't know if i should fix and sell or fix and keep. I'll take pics of the back bumper and trunk later. I'm going to have to pay for those my self but the fender should be taken care of by the place.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My A4= Bad Luck

This is why you DIY kids!!! JK sorry man thats just bad luck!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

Wow that sucks...That's why I never let a garage I dont know well work on my car...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:09 PM
5th Gear

well ur lucky it's only the cv boot but i would ask them to chck the cv itself. are ur brakes ok? i would def sue the $hit outathe tech. i hope ur flying wheel didn't hit anybody else. in the future, try to do the work urself if u have time because alot of shops don't kno anything about audi's. what they do is look on their computer of how to change sumthing and that's how they do it. alot of techs don't even have knowledge of audis. it rly sux wut happened man. i feel ur pain because that is a beautiful ride

Old 09-22-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

Ouch, that's terrible luck. Sweet lookin ride though

Old 09-22-2007, 11:20 PM
5th Gear

Wow...I would've been PISSED. Definitely a nice lookin' whip you got, though. Good luck, man.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Yea i was pretty upset, but i wanted to keep my cool and do it the right way and get laywers involved and such. The brakes and everythign are fine which i'm surprised because i slid pretty far on them.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

damn dude, thats shitty, sounds like you need a big turbo upgrade to bring the HAPPY back and make everythign go away

Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
1st Gear

Haha yea, i wish i could but it need attention in some areas. I'm getting apr chip this week, boost gauge, and DV.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 PM
1st Gear

Haha I hada wheel fall off of my 1996 Ford E-350 7.3L Turbo Diesel. I skidded for about a quarter mile before I was able to stop. Thank you to my dana 60 axles and 4 inch lift to a work van I sustained no damage . I had 33" mud tires on there and the tire ended up totaling a Honda Civic( made me so happy.) I also got the insurance company to make it a no fault accident.

Quick Reply: My A4= Bad Luck