Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

monthly insurance costs...how much?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: monthly insurance costs...how much?

WHOA where have I been. I'm an Agent with a very large insurance company... so I should have jumped in on this a while ago... Insurance is a HIGHLY individual topic... what one person is paying for, can be COMPLETELY different from what someone else is paying for... I'll fill you in on some tid-bits about your Insurance.

1) Credit Score has ALOT to do with your premium.
2) The claims you have had in the past 3 years (tickets, accidents, etc...) make a HUGE difference.
3) The most important is the COVERAGES you have. For some of you guys that are paying much lower premium than the other guys I'll bet 2 things... either you have amazing credit/ no claims AND/ OR you have coverage that isn't suitable for a Go- Cart not to mention your Audi. ***** LOOK AT YOUR COVERAGE IF YOU HAVE 20,000/ 40,000 LIMITS THAT IS A RED FLAG!!****

I used to be guilty of this too... I'd go on Geico, look to save a few bucks and didn't care on my coverage, just so long as it was cheap. Call an agent with a good company... check A.M. Best or Weiss Ratings to see what companies rank in the top categories. For any of you in Illinois, let me know and I'd be glad to take you step by step thru it (thats where I am licensed).

Lastly... I spoke about $20,000/ $40,000 limits before and didn't get you an answer... but you should never have limits below $100,000/ $300,000. You drive a damn Audi... not a Festiva, so make sure to insure it the right way. Whew! I think thats all! Any mas questions... just drop me a pm.
-Matt

Old 07-24-2005, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sir_daft

WHOA where have I been. I'm an Agent with a very large insurance company... so I should have jumped in on this a while ago... Insurance is a HIGHLY individual topic... what one person is paying for, can be COMPLETELY different from what someone else is paying for... I'll fill you in on some tid-bits about your Insurance.

1) Credit Score has ALOT to do with your premium.
2) The claims you have had in the past 3 years (tickets, accidents, etc...) make a HUGE difference.
3) The most important is the COVERAGES you have. For some of you guys that are paying much lower premium than the other guys I'll bet 2 things... either you have amazing credit/ no claims AND/ OR you have coverage that isn't suitable for a Go- Cart not to mention your Audi. ***** LOOK AT YOUR COVERAGE IF YOU HAVE 20,000/ 40,000 LIMITS THAT IS A RED FLAG!!****

I used to be guilty of this too... I'd go on Geico, look to save a few bucks and didn't care on my coverage, just so long as it was cheap. Call an agent with a good company... check A.M. Best or Weiss Ratings to see what companies rank in the top categories. For any of you in Illinois, let me know and I'd be glad to take you step by step thru it (thats where I am licensed).

Lastly... I spoke about $20,000/ $40,000 limits before and didn't get you an answer... but you should never have limits below $100,000/ $300,000. You drive a damn Audi... not a Festiva, so make sure to insure it the right way. Whew! I think thats all! Any mas questions... just drop me a pm.
-Matt
Good Call My Friend

Old 07-24-2005, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sir_daft

Call an agent with a good company...
with all due respect ... BALONEY! Yes, coverage is obviously a major and important factor. HOWEVER, insurance is a PRICE GAME, not a purchase where one company vs. another offers any VALUE. After paying more for "top quality" insurance from State Farm, they've done absolutely NOTHING the ONE TIME in 20 YEARS that I actually needed them.

my middle-aged advice ... compare policies to ensure you're talking apples to apples, and buy the cheapest option. don't be fooled by insurance sales people who claim big companies offer anything other than big marketing and total BS.

and in my opinion ... once again ... do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY FROM STATE FARM.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Whip: 2004 A4 1.8T 5sp moderately modded out...
Insurance: $360/6mos. = $60/mo.

JB

Old 07-24-2005, 04:43 PM
5th Gear

Yeah I've heard statefarm is retarded too, and VERY expensive.

I was told, that state farm will increase your premiums, in an accident that you were deemed "not at fault" provided they have to pay over X amount to fix your car...

"umm, like we know this wasnt your fault, but since the damage was over 3000 dollars, we'll be needing you to bend over, so we can sodomize you"

Yeah, cool! I got quoted with my corvette... was currently paying 3400 a year for the vette. Statefarm quotes me 3600... i'm reading it over, thinking alright, that's pretty close to what I'm paying now... --- oh... no... no wait... this is for 6 months of coverage. 7200 a year. Bargain!

Old 07-25-2005, 01:53 AM

24 year old male - NJ

I just got a quote for $3,100- NJM. No tickets or accidents. I hate that it costs that much, but at least I know if anything bad ever happens, I am covered. 2006 S4... which could have a little something to do with the high quote.