Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods are gonna have to wait AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default Mods are gonna have to wait AHHHHHH!!!!!!

So on my way to work today its driving as usual except for the fact that there is this ridiculous fog everywhere. Anyway with my head lights AND foglights on I proceed with caution . All the roads are completely soaked for some reason. Im sure you can see where this is going. Anyway I work about 10 miles away. Now when Im less then 1/2 a mile a way there is this long winding road with a neghborhoods on both sides. I drive it everyday, I have even driven it in the rain, but today was different. An outside factor changed what is a normal everyday thing. So I am doing the limit which is 45mph (when its dry im doing like 90) anyway I am coming around the first bend nothing which curves to left. No problem then I start on the second bend and I notice a car waiting at the entrance/slash exit for a neighborhood for a break in the traffic so he can make his left turn. He is off to the right. I'll draw a diagram for you guys. Anyway Im watching him, he has to see me, I can see the side of his headlights and I have 4 bright *** blue lights which he would clearly see if he looked over. Now I dont know if he saw me or not all I know is right about as I was coming up to pass the entrance to this neighborhood on my way to work there is a break in the traffic on the opposite side and he jets...JETS...out in front of me. I slam my breaks to avoid slamming into the back of his car but remember I am going aroiund a bend so my wheel is already cut a little bit. Between that and the slippery roads thats it. I am sliding across the street sideways at about 40 now. BAM I hit the curb pop up over slid on some grass and then end up back on the road with 2 fudged rims, 2 flat tires and I guarantee a broken front axle. That SOB probably didn't even see me wreck cuz of the damn fog. I was ready to kill that azzhole. If I was sure he was caught at the red light down the street I would raced down there at cheetah speeds and been whoopin some ***. Anyway I pull the car into the middle turn lane and put the hazards on. AC works, heat works, car runs fine, not leaking anything, radio, horn, blinker check, alarm, windows check. wheels and suspension.....MEDIC! Anyway I had it towed to a shop that is gonna repair it for me, no idea what it is gonna cost but I hope its low. Oh please be low. The back looks fine scratch the rim missing a small chunk but the wheels are straight. Even the front tires are straight just flat and the drivers side is pushed a little towards the inside wheel well. I had the same thing happen in a cavalier (I was being a jackass doing 80 around a corner though) and it was so jacked if I hit the gas the car would probably split in 4 the wheels were all messed up. I am very surprised at how well my car took this beating. But before I speak too soon lets wait to see whats REALLY wrong with it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23133/2E1DF3AAABBC4F4CA8F053CDAF07EB01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23133/98077FE7183D419FBD967EEFDBD80409.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23133/3F77413CC4ED47249439E0832F3D59B1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23133/62A75F82877F4BB3BD2A34913EA8DAF9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23133/86C8A7DA36BA433BAA4149B402FA9F8E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-24-2006, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Mods are gonna have to wait AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Pics on the way

Old 12-24-2006, 12:32 AM
2nd Gear

Here is the dammage
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/NuYorka103185/
26 is the drivers side front
27 driver side back
30 passenger front
oh and that crap next to my car in 25 is my shattered "skid plate thing" whatever its called
33 is where I hit the curb
Hey these pics aren't too shabby for off my phone

Old 12-24-2006, 01:34 AM
4th Gear

ouch!!! that first pic of the curb made me cringe. I can just imagine the sound your car made as it went over it. Sorry about your ride man, hopefully the damage isn't extensive. Since the skidplate is gone did you look under there to make sure everything is fine?

Old 12-24-2006, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear

nothing fell off or broke just the skid plate. I even turned it on and popped the hood no noise or anything hanging. I checked underneath same thing. I pulled the car into the middle lane no problem. Then the cop asked me to back into a neighborhood because the fog and slick roads he didn't want my car to get hit by another sliding car. So I backed it up about 50ft into a neighborhood. The steering was a little jacked but it ran fine.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 AM
2nd Gear

Arg, that sucks. Sometimes you wish that you did just smack the rear of his car so he doesn't get off scott free. You get your car all jacked up saving his life and he drives away and will forget about it by tomorrow.

Hopefully you are insured right and will only have to pay like a $500 deductable to get her repaired. Just banging a curb like that can get expensive quick with broken axles,CV joints, TREs, control arm damage,rims,alignmentetc.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

Sucks but it sounds like the car did her job... Glad your ok...

SMo'

Old 12-24-2006, 02:06 AM

Wow man, sorry to hear about that. That sh*t almost happen to me one night. Guy almost threw me right off the road I was lucky. I hope the repairs dont run up that high and you get ithe car back on the road.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:17 AM
4th Gear

damn, that sucks.. now pic up some rims and new tires for her, and atleast make the best out of the situation

Old 12-24-2006, 02:26 AM

uhh ohh its starting again....

Quick Reply: Mods are gonna have to wait AHHHHHH!!!!!!