Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire and turbo k03/k04 swap questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:29 PM
1st Gear
Default misfire and turbo k03/k04 swap questions!!!

I'm a new member here I just bought a 1998 Audi a4 turbo its got 30k on rebuilt motor. stage 2 clutch k03 giac tune i thinks its called

It currently has a engine light on due to misfires on cylinder 1 and 3. My car stutters up hills or when i speed up or try to race hehe I'm thinking its the coil packs since I replaced the plugs and wires look fine.

Also I have a k04 turbo I want put in I know ill need a different dv and a higher fuel pressure regulator but I'm not what else I need? Please be kind

Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 PM
1st Gear

Allright I need 1 coil so if anyone has one ill buy it

Still clueless on the k04 swap audifourms seem pretty dead nobody.get reply but a millions of view wtf

Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 38justintaylor
I know ill need a different dv and a higher fuel pressure regulator but I'm not what else I need? Please be kind
What makes you think you need a higher fuel pressure regulator? Is it a requirement by your software provider? Because unless you overwrite the stock software on your ECU do not change your fueling configuration.

Also, generally, your software supplier (GIAC et al) will tell you the complete list of hardware requirements to match up with the software. If you're planning to run the K04 on whatever K03-specific software you have now, keep a close eye out for overboost. The higher-output K04 can get ahead of the ecu's management and push way too much air.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by slappy_dunbar
What makes you think you need a higher fuel pressure regulator? Is it a requirement by your software provider? Because unless you overwrite the stock software on your ECU do not change your fueling configuration.

Also, generally, your software supplier (GIAC et al) will tell you the complete list of hardware requirements to match up with the software. If you're planning to run the K04 on whatever K03-specific software you have now, keep a close eye out for overboost. The higher-output K04 can get ahead of the ecu's management and push way too much air.
thanks for the reply but I was thinking of getting the giac k04 tune if I had to but I was gonna try to bypass that if i could but also do u think I should get the bigger fuel pump and do u know what else I should get.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

bro, the tune compensates for fuel, air, whatever the hell else ur thinking. Get it retuned when you drop the turbo in and get the larger dv. It looks like you have a new intercooler which in itself isn't necessary since the TT doesnt fave an fmic and it runs the k04. What i would do is keep an eye out for a part out of a TT and just snag his ECU and you wont have to tune ****. (right engine code of course)

Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bmoore98A4
bro, the tune compensates for fuel, air, whatever the hell else ur thinking. Get it retuned when you drop the turbo in and get the larger dv. It looks like you have a new intercooler which in itself isn't necessary since the TT doesnt fave an fmic and it runs the k04. What i would do is keep an eye out for a part out of a TT and just snag his ECU and you wont have to tune ****. (right engine code of course)

ya I know what a tune is but I know a performance shop that could tune but I do know a guy parting out an audi tt so ill try that ecu swap