Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might push my car off a cliff

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:28 AM
5th Gear
Default Might push my car off a cliff

So I have been battling this problem with my Audi and have no idea what the hell to do now, the stupid thing goes through a set of rear tires in 3000 miles or less, its not suspension, camber caster and toe are perfect and they don’t wear funny, they wear in a perfect manner just at an extremely accelerated rate and this is really starting to suck, my snow tires i put on about 4000 miles ago are toast on the rear and perfect on the front, I had been watching them because it did the same thing when I bought it, 3000 miles on the p-zeros it had on the car and the rear were to the belts........ I’m really confused on what to do, it must be somewhere in the drive train, but where do i start???? and the only thing that might have f-ed it up is the fact that the previous owner ran staggered wheels..... any way anyone that has an idea where to start checking now or a way I can check if the gears are fucked with out having to start **** like dropping the tranny..... thanks guys

Old 04-23-2006, 01:35 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Might push my car off a cliff

bent wheel, if its nothing suspension related then i would be lost too. Is your car lowered if so have you got a 3D alignment.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:40 AM
5th Gear

yea i heard that a bent wheel could **** the **** up but would it do both rear tires and even when the wheels have been moved around??? that is totally possible to have a bent rim but i didnt think it wold do both rear and only the rear time after time

Old 04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
5th Gear

There are pix of a front and a rear, they have been rotated now but it was the rear that wore so bad both times

Old 04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Zombie Defense Force

whats your driving style like

Old 04-23-2006, 01:47 AM
5th Gear

well if anything the front would be toast from understeer, and other than the occasional trip up or down a rather curvy hill, its pretty good, mostly freeway driving between school and home

Old 04-23-2006, 04:06 PM
2nd Gear

are you sure you are running quattro?

Old 04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

are you sure you are running quattro?
if it wasnt quattro, wouldnt the front tired be f-ed up??

Old 04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

not if it was running more RWD for some odd reason...

Old 04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
5th Gear

I know its running AWD i have tested that in the gavel, and it rear spin before the front do but only by like a tenth of a second i have been searching for answers all night and still the only thing i have is possibly a bent rim but we cant see how that would make both rear tires wear evenly but really really fast, and if the bent rim was causing it then why w643d 5t st533 be wear5ng the rears even after all the wheels have been switched around and are not in the same place

Quick Reply: Might push my car off a cliff