Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mbc problem? is it hooked up right

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear
Default mbc problem? is it hooked up right

ok so i just got my mbc in the mail yesterday. my problem was i have the giac chip and my boost went up to 18. after i put on my fmic it dropped down to 14 at the most. so i order the boost controller in the hopes that i could raise it back up. here is how i have it hooked up; the wastegate is hooked up to the right side of the t fitting with the arrow pointing at it. the turbo is plugged into the other side of the t. the t then hooks into the mbc. i left the n75 plugged in and in the turbo inlet still with the other to side of it just open. my boost nomatterhow i set it is always at 13.is it hooked up wrong at all or is it maybe my cheap boost controller. i know i know it's bad but it's from ebay. please let me knowhow this problem can be fixed

Old 09-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: mbc problem? is it hooked up right

If you went from 18 to 14psi from a fmic, you either have a boost leak, your ic is to large, piping is to large, or a combination of the 3. If you are using the mbc that is in the a4 link in my sig, everyone else that has used it but me have had problems getting it to work.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Site Moderator

I have that mbc and my peak boost didnt change (about 19/20 psi). My problem with it happens only in 5th gear at speeds over 60mph at about 3/4 throtle (I get throtle cut/EPC light until restart along with a "engine torque limit exceeded" fault code. So my driving style has changed, if I need more than 1/2 throtle in 5th over 60mph I just down shift to 4th. Anyway, hopefuly you wont run into that problem. There is a small allen screw on the side that is supposed to adjust how much boost is bled off after you let off the gas so the boost pressure isnt stuck between the wastegate and mbc. I dontsee how that could have anything to do with your problem, but you could try playing with that and see what happens. You have tried opening up the mbc pretty much all the way and are still limited to 13 psi right?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i opened it all the way with still 13 psi. the boost does feel alot stronger and smoother it just get's to a point when you feel like it should have more boost.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Site Moderator

You sure your tuning the dial in the right direction? Because if I turn mine all the way down, I get 13 psi.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm make believe

What are the specs of your fmic and piping?2psi is a max you should lose, most should see 1 tops.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
2nd Gear

my piping is 2.5" and my frontmount is pretty big look at sig

Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

You sure your tuning the dial in the right direction? Because if I turn mine all the way down, I get 13 psi.
i turn it in the direction that it says let me try the other way.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: EliteTuning1

my piping is 2.5" and my frontmount is pretty big look at sig
I hope you plan on something bigger than a koX turbo since the 2.5" piping is killing your performance. If not, you really should look into getting the turbo to intercooler piping down to 2".

Old 09-15-2007, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i realize that. maybe i can sell it and get another one for the same price

Quick Reply: mbc problem? is it hooked up right