Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MBC Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: MBC Installed

Per Request...
Bobqzzi's Full Race / ATP Comparrison Dynos
GT30R
Compressor 76.2mm, 56 Trim .60 ar
Turbine 60mm, 84 Trim, .82 a/r
AER Stadalone Management (England)
Both Pulls @ 23.5 psi
Superflow Engine Dyno

Full Race
hp - red
tq - teal
ATP
hp - blue
tq - green

Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Bondga

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

no it dosn't. the graphs are direcly related point for point at 100 rpms you use the torque at 100 rpms to determine the hp at 100 rpms. if peak torque determines Hp why is pk Tq at 3600 and pk hp at 4700

What?!?!

Peak hp WILL NEVER be below 5252, not physically possible.
one thats not what i said. i basically said pk tq dosnt determine pk hp

two thats total bullshit. our fireengines redline alittle over 3k. so does that mean it has no max hp
That is exactly what you said, i even put it in red for you Mr. Fireman. As for the firetruck, im guessing it redlines at 3k because it needs MASSIVE stroke to get the displacement to get the very large truck moving. The stroke limits the rpm abilities so you never reach the crossover point and have any real hp

Old 09-28-2007, 12:22 AM

but just because you move the peak back dosnt describe the rest of the graph. if you move it back tq might drop off faster after that point. without tunning the curve is unpredictable in its characteristics. Holding boost longer dosn't nessecarily mean more power. you need to factor in what your fueling and timing are doing also.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

WOW, the formula seems to work perfect for this fresh new dyno!!! [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Now move it 500rpms to the right and you will gain 18.5hp without any more tq..... Double WOW!!
ok so if peak hp can never be below 5252 then why is the stock pk hp at 5250 and the chipped hp at 4750. now lets also look at tq its at 3100 and 3600

(130*3100)/5252=76hp hmm that dosn't seem like pk hp to me

shall we look at the other one!!!!

pk tq does not determine pk hp

Old 09-28-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm make believe

but just because you move the peak back dosnt describe the rest of the graph. if you move it back tq might drop off faster after that point. without tunning the curve is unpredictable in its characteristics. Holding boost longer dosn't nessecarily mean more power. you need to factor in what your fueling and timing are doing also.
Your not moving the tq lower in the rpms, your moving it further out. The massive drop off is due to the tiny turbo and a small fraction due to the displacement. Also moving peak torque means everything in relation to hp. Like i should in the graph above, move it out 500rpms, he would gain ~20hp. Holding boost longer will keep the tq from falling off faster and so will timing aswell as keep the hp from falling off dramtically in the upper rpms.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm make believe

ok so if peak hp can never be below 5252 then why is the stock pk hp at 5250 and the chipped hp at 4750. now lets also look at tq its at 3100 and 3600

(130*3100)/5252=76hp hmm that dosn't seem like pk hp to me

shall we look at the other one!!!!

pk tq does not determine pk hp
Your right, i misspoke, you wont have more tq than hp over 5252. My bad, posting fast and not thinking correctly. The formula is still accurate for forced induction cars, but is much more accurate for n/a

Old 09-28-2007, 12:36 AM

yes but your talking as if the shape of the curve wont change. IT WILL..... yes i will say that moving the peak back will give you more power but not at a proportional rate. the overall shape of the curve will change, maybe better maybe worse. you can't just assume you will gain x amount of power becasue if i shift the curve back like thiss..... no the shape will change. wh do you think they spent all that time making chips so that they could alter the curve to get the best possible responce. they didnt just say hey lets move this back and were done

Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm make believe

But anyways, it is possible for him to have 180hp out of just 12psi. Just remember that many chip tuners claims and they only chip the car to ~15psi

Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 AM

true. but i personally find it unlikely, however thinking about it, maybe getting to 180 isn't the problem but getting to 200(as most chips claim) is were the real tunning comes in

Old 09-28-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm make believe

yes but your talking as if the shape of the curve wont change. IT WILL..... yes i will say that moving the peak back will give you more power but not at a proportional rate. the overall shape of the curve will change, maybe better maybe worse. you can't just assume you will gain x amount of power becasue if i shift the curve back like thiss..... no the shape will change. wh do you think they spent all that time making chips so that they could alter the curve to get the best possible responce. they didnt just say hey lets move this back and were done
i never said or implied it wouldnt change, it most certainly will. WIth moving the power you have to decide on if you want low end power (like a stock turbo), great mid power (like a gt28r) or all top end (gt3076r). you cant have all more than one. It may not be exact, but you can pretty much count on roughly X power when peak tq is moved Y rpms. The chip tuners didnt design the power curves, the turbo did. Theycant make it spool faster or hold power longer than the turbo can physically do. You can change that a small amount with boost controllers, manifolds, exhausts and so on, but the chip tuners cant alter the curve as much as you give them credit for.

Quick Reply: MBC Installed