Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MBC Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: MBC Installed

Thats a fancy equation, but I still doubt a mbc is going to get you anywhere near 40 extra hp on stock tuning and no lemi capabilities.
Anyways,less debate, more dyno.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Why? The stock rating formy car is 180hp and it runs 11psi stock. So, tell me again how his statement is that hilarious?
Try to keep in mind that 97-00 1.8T A4's are 150 hp stock. There is no way a mbc is going to add 30-40hp on stock tuning/without ecu tuning. That is why its not only hilarious, but why Im also rolling on the floor. Youd think that for as much as you ***** it up in the A4 section you would know these things...?
[&:]

Big port, leaner a/f, and a huge tq spike will increase the power quite a bit. Expecially when you move the peak torque to the right (like a mbc will do), this will increase hp without increasing tq.

peak tq * at what rpm

yeah but to determine Hp you don't always use your peak torque. you may produce more power at a high rpm with slightly less torque. so you don't nesecarily want to move peak torque to the right but you want to hold more torque longer

Old 09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm make believe

^ after looking for 10mins for that response....

That is how you determine HP, its freaking science. Peak tq determines hp, and you will always swtich from tq to hp at 5252. Best example is to look at a honda than makes 120tq and then makes 200hp..... but at 8k!!! Holding tq for aslong as possible is always the goal, thats why cams become needed when you move more air (sooner for most cars) and make tons more power.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm make believe

WOW, the formula seems to work perfect for this fresh new dyno!!! [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Now move it 500rpms to the right and you will gain 18.5hp without any more tq..... Double WOW!!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:02 AM

wow... you must think your amazing.. i know how it works... and there was no looking there was watching movie in other window

Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 AM

^ after looking for 10mins for that response....

That is how you determine HP, its freaking science. Peak tq determines hp, and you will always swtich from tq to hp at 5252. Best example is to look at a honda than makes 120tq and then makes 200hp..... but at 8k!!! Holding tq for aslong as possible is always the goal, thats why cams become needed when you move more air (sooner for most cars) and make tons more power.
no it dosn't. the graphs are direcly related point for point at 100 rpms you use the torque at 100 rpms to determine the hp at 100 rpms. if peak torque determines Hp why is pk Tq at 3600 and pk hp at 4700

Old 09-28-2007, 12:06 AM

WOW, the formula seems to work perfect for this fresh new dyno!!! [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Now move it 500rpms to the right and you will gain 18.5hp without any more tq..... Double WOW!!
true if you move it to the right wou will gain more power except, in the cause of the diode mod i will almost gaurente that it changes the shape of the curve as you add boost because of fueling and timing defferences. so you can't just say move it to the right becasue the curve will change

Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Bondga

no it dosn't. the graphs are direcly related point for point at 100 rpms you use the torque at 100 rpms to determine the hp at 100 rpms. if peak torque determines Hp why is pk Tq at 3600 and pk hp at 4700
What?!?!

Peak hp WILL NEVER be below 5252, not physically possible.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM

What?!?!

Peak hp WILL NEVER be below 5252, not physically possible.
one thats not what i said. i basically said pk tq dosnt determine pk hp

two thats total bullshit. our fireengines redline alittle over 3k. so does that mean it has no max hp

Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm make believe

true if you move it to the right wou will gain more power except, in the cause of the diode mod i will almost gaurente that it changes the shape of the curve as you add boost because of fueling and timing defferences. so you can't just say move it to the right becasue the curve will change
Thats the point, alter the curve. You cant have high peaking tq down low and have a high hp car. Why do you think the tq is so massive on these cars and hp is so low..... THATS RIGHT, missive low end tq and it not holding. If you alter the curve by holding boost longer (mbc), add a longer equal length turbo manifold (increases lag and imporves high rpm flow) or a short runner intake manifold (again, moves the power curve to the right with less distortion). will all increase the hp level at the same tq amount.

Quick Reply: MBC Installed