Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Quart

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default MB Quart

Has anyone had any experience with mb quart speakers? Or would anyone recommend any other type of speaker they have had good experiences with.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: MB Quart

I really like my focals, try and get TN-51 or TN-52 tweeters in your components, if you go the focal route. My TN-45's were much too bright for my tastes. MB Quart is definately a great name in speakers, though.

Also, JL XR's are tried, tested, and amazing.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

mb quarts are nice as well as focals mentioned above also check out Diamond Audio, CDT, Boston Acoustics, and Rainbow and there are more i dont feel like naming

Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Site Moderator

I have MB Quarts Q series powered by Diamond Audio and I love them. Loud and very clear.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 PM
3rd Gear

im a focal guy.. it all depends on the sound you like because all these speaker companies use differend composists for thier tweeters whcih in turn has a dramatic effect on they way they sound.. so certain speakers sound better with certain types of music.. Im not a big fan for MB quarts only becasue i dont listen to alot of rap and they tend to be a little to harsh and always way to high to the point that thay hurt your ears but some people like that and some of the MB quarts are not as bad as others.. but I have always loved focal..

Old 06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
2nd Gear

MB Quart, Infinity, and Boston Acoustics.

I have owned all 3 and all have put out amazingly clean sound.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

im a focal guy.. it all depends on the sound you like because all these speaker companies use differend composists for thier tweeters whcih in turn has a dramatic effect on they way they sound.. so certain speakers sound better with certain types of music.. Im not a big fan for MB quarts only becasue i dont listen to alot of rap and they tend to be a little to harsh and always way to high to the point that thay hurt your ears but some people like that and some of the MB quarts are not as bad as others.. but I have always loved focal..
Haha you'd not like any focal systems that use the TN-45 tweeters then... and I hear the 51 and 52's are still pretty bad for that. Focal often shoots for a home theatre like sound, but the highs with the tn-45 tweeters were HIGH... so the music I listen to (lots of highs) would hurt my ears sometimes. At low volumes they were amazing, or on songs that didn't have high-highs... when I was on the top 20 channel on XM though, they'd have a lot of bassy music with few highs, and the TN-45's did a great job. Meh, I'm using bose tweeters now, with focal mids... and like I said earlier, powered by a 450/4 -- it sounds amaaazing.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

so everyone feels like the mb quarts or focal speakers would be a good buy. i couldn't really go wrong?

Old 06-20-2006, 01:43 PM
2nd Gear

i llike to the of mb quarts high ends never really heard the low end quarts but i heard that they are great i like the sound of a good inifinity speaker but they are a little pricey but i have installed polk momos in my car beacuse they sounded alot like the inifinity speakers but where cheaper and also polk is a german company and so is audi so i that that the 2 would go good together

Old 06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

yea i didnt like the TN-45 tweeters they are way to high, I like a good all around sound more into rock and some heav stuff at times, and when the speakers are to bright it kills the music

Quick Reply: MB Quart