Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual deployment of rollbars on convertible.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 07:41 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Manual deployment of rollbars on convertible.

I would still want to find the manual on them & check it out myself.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:01 AM

Some people are entirely missing the point.

I'm not trying to win races in the thing. (My insurance wouldn't cover it anyway). I just want to drive at speeds in excess of 65mph without risk of incarceration or other such fine, and enjoy myself. Not as if the car wasn't designed to do it.

NTM

Old 07-04-2005, 01:11 AM
1st Gear

Enjoy it man!
I just got my rocks off on some dirt back-country roads. Quattro-mania.
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 07-04-2005, 01:21 AM
4th Gear

What is wrong with some of you? The guy has already said he doesnt wana run lemans with his car, he just wants to go out and beat on it for while, in a safe place(dont we all). And wants to see if he can deploy his roll bar, so he can do it. Im sure he doesnt wana hear " You should have bought a tin top" When the truth is, his car would smoke urs.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:49 AM
2nd Gear

Hey boy, every one is entitled to there own opinion.... hence the word FORUM & do I really care if his car would "smoke" mine? Not really!!!! But if you want to come to Australia to find out.. Please feel free. We have a road in the middle of my country that is dead straight & flat for about 300 km's with no speed limit. Great Fun to stretch legs on.

Aside from that, I do see your point, I just dont like convertibles on any track. Anyway Maybe go to a Drag Strip if you wanna stretch the legs? Are you allowed to do that or are your laws doodling you there too? :-)

I hope you get it sorted dude. But I think you can manually release them with out tipping your car sideways

Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 AM
4th Gear

"boy" whats up what that? dad?

btw- why the hell would i wana come to austrailia, when ive already been on the longest straight road in the world.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 AM
2nd Gear

I couldn't be bothered typing your full name. Anyway, where is that road... I wanna go. Australia has better women thats why you would want to come here & if I were your dad I'd cry myself to sleep everynight. :-)

Old 07-04-2005, 02:17 AM

Drag strip has but one function: Get from 0-whatever in a quarter mile as fast as you can. That's not why Audi's S division spent lots of time and money giving it good suspension and four-wheel drive, and frankly, it doesn't strike me as much fun anyway!

Track Days are pretty popular phonomena in some parts of the world. You can literally drive whatever you want. (The one Clarkson took a Mini Cooper to had anything from 1940s tourers through 1970s Formula 1 cars to Ferarri 575s all on the track at the same time). The only problem is that any non-competetive organisation it seems in California that facilitates the running on tracks (Laguna Seca is $900 an hour, for example, so you need a group), due to liability issues, has decided that they don't like convertibles running. AMC Gremlins are authorised though!

[Edited] Just saw the link for Redline, that seems promising.

NTM

Old 07-04-2005, 02:21 AM
2nd Gear

Thats cool dude, just wasn't sure if you wanted to see how fast the thing goes or really give it some stick around a track. Generally when you are jetting along the streets you dont do it around corners & treat it like a track..... well sometimes you do lol. I just thought you might of wanted to run it out in a straight line.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:31 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: lidonnit

I couldn't be bothered typing your full name. Anyway, where is that road... I wanna go. Australia has better women thats why you would want to come here & if I were your dad I'd cry myself to sleep everynight. :-)

What a f**k up and retarded post.

Quick Reply: Manual deployment of rollbars on convertible.