Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low power

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: low power

Thanks bro, yeah I am in my last semester for Air Traffic Control school and I can't wait to be freaking done. I really enjoy my Audi I do, but I miss my 7's and that's all I owned before I bought the Audi cause I needed something that got better gas mileage and could fit four. After I am done it's back to sports cars.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

Well...good luck anyways, but drive safe....America needs you.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-13-2006, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

Ok just an update for you guys. I pulled the turbo off of the A4 yesterday and was kinda surprised on what I found. Apparently the wastegate flap got so hot that it melted the revet off where the plug connects to the arm of the flap and found its way into the channel where the exhaust routes for the exducer to spin. And my guess is that the flapping pinging sound is the plug bouncing around in the channel every time i step on the gas. Right now as it sits it is cold and the plug seems welded to the channel and I can't get it out, i think when the turbo gets hot it unwelds itself and bounces around as a result. I will get pictures tonight and post them to show you what I mean. I would also like the thank "TURBO" here on the board for hooking me up with a low mileage KO3!

Old 08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

Well last night we got the turbo on and took it for a spin and it made a whizzing sound kinda like a kazoo every time it spooled up. It was funny at first but we couldn't diagnose exactly where it was coming from. So we decided to call it a night and on my way back home the car started smoking really bad. A ton of blackish greyish smoke poored out from the back. I popped the hood and didn't see any leaks so I am guessing the bearing blew on the turbo. Now before we put it in the shaft had more play in it than my 140k mile turbo and this new one was supposed to have 50k on it. My friend and I both seemed that was a little odd but we forged ahead and installed it. I am getting so sick and tired of working on this freaking car cause it is just one problem right after the other.

Would you guys agree that the turbo is shot? Should I just opt to buy a rebuilt one off of ebay for like 400 bucks? I really need to get this car fixed before the end of this week.