Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of power, plenty of boost

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Default RE: Loss of power, plenty of boost

maybe its a vaccum leak? i dont know if that would make you get more boost, but it could happen..

Old 06-29-2007, 08:43 AM
1st Gear

Have you tried swapping out the solenoid valve and see if that could cause the issue?

Old 06-30-2007, 06:45 AM
1st Gear

Pulled out the airbox and checked it over along with getting my head down in there to see what else I could. Everything seemed fine =( I was hoping to find something.

I have yet to switch out the solenoid valve yet which may be my next step, still shouldnt explain the rushing of air but I will give it a shot. Need to see if one of my friends have any extra lying around.

Thanks all and keep the suggestions coming.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:09 AM
2nd Gear

up near the throttle body there is a L shaped hose the runs back to a larger fixture towards the rear of the manifold. It cracks underneath check it. You will get boost no power and loud noise from it

Old 06-30-2007, 08:10 AM
2nd Gear

its like 31/2 4 in long pipe

Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

Thanks rbrtech and everyone else for pointing me in the right direction, I finally found my issue. There is a tube that has deteriorated right below my intake manifold. The hole is just about the diameter of the tube and a centimeter wide, this surely explains the large amount of rushing air. Now I am trying to figure out what the part is called and part number so I can replace it. Here are some pictures, sorry for the quality they are from a cell phone:

Close up as I can get to the tube:

Back more so you get an idea of where it is:

Old 07-01-2007, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear

daaang man... crazy cuz 2 of my friends had this same problem in there eclipses and they never found the problem... they couldnt find any leaks, they would build boost but not move any where. They had a really loud whooshing air noise and both of them never found the problem... they sold there cars without knowing what was wrong... tools. lol

thats crazy where the leak was.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

Yeah it is a crazy spot, I dont feel as bad now for not finding such a huge leak. Im hoping I can do the work myself just trying to find the best way to do it now. I rather not takoff the intake manifold but it may be needed for good access when clamping the joints back up.

Im mostly just relieved now I found it.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

So found the part number which was 058 103 213. Its accually plastic not rubber and I believe its called the breather tube from another thing I was reading. Replacement is really easy if you move aside the radiator fluid resivour.

Sadly it did not resolve my issue but at least needed to be replaced so no big deal. So the search continues for my rushing air and loss of power. *sigh*

Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
3rd Gear

did you check the bottom of the L hose that was suggested above? i had the same symptoms and there was a huge crack in my L hose. right behind the intake mani. let us know when you've checked it.

Quick Reply: Loss of power, plenty of boost