Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMAO Mod this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Administrator
Default LMAO Mod this!!!

Well I was getting tired of the heat issues with the car.. its not too terribly bad, but i dont like sucking in hot air into the intake.. so how should i fix this problem... well by ghetto rigging something up to make cold air go up into the airfilter..

it dropped my intake temp down about 7-9 degrees.. my engine compartment was like a damn oven.. especially since the heat from the turbo is just radiating onto the "heat shield" next to the air filter, i mean crap the air filter was even getting really really hot.. so problem solved

Step 1 Remove foglight and place hose in where fog light should be

Step 2 Route hose up towards Air Filter ( the solid metal pipe is the turbo inlet pipe.. the one that is ghetto looking is the air pipe

Step 3 Reinsert Air Filter, so that the the hose is right below it and they are at least touching.. this is in hopes that at WOT, the air filter will suck in air, and create a suction from the new air hose..

My next idea that i think i might do is find a very high powered fan that is about 3" in diameter, and build it into the new "piping" that way it will blow some air onto it.. not sure if it will actually help, but its all fun, and experimental.. the hose though did help drop my temps down

Old 08-03-2006, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: LMAO Mod this!!!

but fogs are pretty

since you're doing that lol wanna sell me your fogs lol

Old 08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Administrator

the reason i did it is because that was the plan the original owner had.. and im missing that foglight.. so i wanted to try and see if it was worth it to run the hose for colder temps.. or to just get a foglight..

Old 08-03-2006, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

how come you didn't keep the stock enclosed intake?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:34 PM

yo that mod is CRAZZZYYYYY , nice! man .

Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Slut

hey thats looks terrible. but function over looks right... no offense or nothing, but i would have used somethin different than dryer ducting. ever thought about a ram air. u'll run a lil higher boost with one.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:47 PM
3rd Gear

Looks like it works extremely well

Old 08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Site Moderator

ehhhh.... uhhhhh.... errrrrrr.... very interesting!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 PM
SoCal Crew Member

How about an Intercooler spray, wouldn't something like this help keep the engine compartment cool?..could probably rig the windshield washer to do this too..hmmmmmm

Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 PM
3rd Gear

Redgoat you need the write up on water injection I am planing on doing here soon. 200$ for the kit and will drop temps while allowing you to run more boost. The kit turns on where you set it at (mine is 3000rpm) and runs off of the windshield res. hell the kit even says that the windshield fluid has the perfect amount of alcohol for even better results!

Quick Reply: LMAO Mod this!!!