Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little story

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Site Moderator
Default Little story

So my wife has been driving the audi to work for the past week and a half.. She told me yesterday that she took a couple co workers out to lunch in it last week, and ever since they have been making her drive to lunch every day since then.. She goes "They asked me what the dial was in the middle of the vents, so i showed them" I said "how did you SHOW them?!" She said "well whenever i go fast the needle thing shoots way to the right and everyone screams 'woo hoo!', and i told them that its a go-fast dork-gauge" (she makes fun of me all the time for my a4 obsession)... To make a long story short, apparently her friends were so impressed with the A4 that one of them is signing a purchase contract for an 99 1.8t this afternoon, and the other is going to look at a b6 i think. I dont think she knows she'll need a chip and a "go-fast dork-gauge" to get it to "shoot way to the right," and go "woo-hoo!"

Old 02-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Little story

ROFL, nice.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
3rd Gear

hohoho

That's a good idea to explain what boost gauge for.

b/c friends always ask me and I say;
-it is boost gauge for turbo
then they ask again
-what is turbo?
me like
- [&:]

Old 02-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

hohoho

That's a good idea to explain what boost gauge for.

b/c friends always ask me and I say;
-it is boost gauge for turbo
then they ask again
-what is turbo?
me like
- [&:]

Or, "what is boost?"

Old 02-08-2006, 07:34 PM
3rd Gear

LOL, thats funny
Awesome story

Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear

Hahahahaha, that's funny... That seriously gave me a good laugh, thanks, haha.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

I'm glad I'm not the only who has a wife that makes fun of him because of his automobile mania.

My wife thought that the boost gauge made the car go faster...when i explained that it was just a gauge, she was disappointed.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:11 AM
1st Gear

very amusing.

its hard to get into an audi and not love it...after driving one, it's impossible.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: toaster

very amusing.

its hard to get into an audi and not love it...after driving one, it's impossible.
Truedat.. When the wifey and i went to look at the audi for the first time before buying it, as soon as i saw it, and sat in it, and drove it, well... my wife would kill me, but it was love at first sight! And I didnt even know you could chip it and do crazy things when we bought it either! I knew it was on the slow side but the looks and feel is all it took for me at first. I swear 5 minutes into our test drive i was pretty much begging her to want to get it.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:00 AM
5th Gear

Lol that’s how I have described the boost gauge I’m my old ford truck for years, all my friends are to say the least not mechanically inclined so I just said it was the fun meter when it goes to 20 its the most fun, lol and its pretty cool cuz the truck doesn’t look like it would go fast its an 89 ford f250 and i put a banks kit on it and cranked the fuel so they enjoy the ride!!! lol

Quick Reply: Little story