Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets debate!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Lets debate!!

ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: Babz

PPl say using a MBC to put the boost up leans out your car. How?? What exactly does a chip do to make sure yourchambers have enough gas at the right times?? Id say nothing. Fuel depends on the maf right and is adjusted by theFPR (which is not electrical) so the chip cant have any effect on the FPR. if you can run 15psi with a chip, why not with a mbc?? Other then timing problems , as some say, i dont think fuel would be a promblem..

Any other opinions????
A chip is your cars computer.
A chip/flash is a chunk of coding that modifys/remaps the ecu/computer's fuel, timing, and boost levels.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
5th Gear

yea a chip does a hell of alot more than a MBC, all a MBC does is gives you more boost, no fuel, no timing, nothing all things you need or your gunna start frying **** like ol Jeff

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi
your gunna start frying **** like ol Jeff
ya it sucked but it led to one hell of a monster of a car

Old 03-20-2007, 05:57 AM

Thanx bacon bait. Inmotion just didnt give me a physical address to send my ecu to. I got my ECU out. Gave it to my mate in the freight company and emailed Inmotion asking for a address but all he gave me was a P.O Box address and i didnt wana use the post shop cause there turn around time was 2 weeks(since i live in New Zealand)compared to 3days using the freight company.
So i just got a refund. Iemailed Giac and they said they dont have a chip tune for my ECU [:-]Anyone got a similar number to me?? It ends with a 557 T.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Guru

hey run your boost up to 100 psi and let us know what is going on with it......... lol

also if you are bosting at 5 psi you are probably in limp mode....... maybe your car is telling you that running 14 psi of boost on a mbc is not good for your motor or turbo

and yeah i was going to ask jeff to chime in cause i knew he said he blew his turbo with an mbc, but he already did

so you want real world results there you go..... real world results..yet you still wanna argue

Old 03-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Hey turbo kraut no one wants to argue. Its a ***** debate. And i dont think my car has limp mode. it doesnt even have a CEL. opened up the dash cluster nd there is no bulb or the tracks for he bulb to go on.check my other post out.I know exactly what can happen with a MBC. Dont need to be funnuy and smart because i knew everything before i started this post. Just wanted ppl to open up and say what they want.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
4th Gear

Hey turbo kraut no one wants to argue. Its a ***** debate. And i dont think my car has limp mode. it doesnt even have a CEL. opened up the dash cluster nd there is no bulb or the tracks for he bulb to go on.check my other post out.I know exactly what can happen with a MBC. Dont need to be funnuy and smart because i knew everything before i started this post. Just wanted ppl to open up and say what they want.
Isn't that what he is doing? And you keep getting defensive on everything that everyone is saying!

Josh

Old 03-20-2007, 05:36 PM
5th Gear

ok i've only read about half the thread but thats about all i can take. i hate to be the bad guy (ok i lie, i enjoy it[sm=badbadbad.gif]) but babz YOU ARE A DUMBASS!! onepoint8tee put it as simply as it can be put. 3 things: Fuel, air, timing. you CANNOT adjust one without the others, hench the need for chips. they adjust all of them. if it was as simple as getting a mbc and cranking up the boost, dont you think everyone would be doing that? why would chip companies even exist? hell im gona go buy a t3t4 turbo today and crank it up to 50 psi and blow every car off the road!!!! who knew it was so easy!! take the mbc off the damn car and stop ruining that poor audi. she doesn't need to die because of YOUR empty head.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:45 PM
5th Gear

ok finished readin this stupid thread. you just contradicted yourself BTW. andim bettin if you had a CEL, it would probly be lit up right now

Old 03-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Hey chaos. like i said. Its a debat and i knew what was right and wrong. I aint a dumbass and i know that a mbc simplytricks the car into producing more boost. A chiprecalibrates the entire engine run scenario. It takes into account fueling, ignition timing boost pressure and throttle position to give you the most efficiency possible. I know all this. you need to know ppl before calling them dumbasses. It was a debate that went wrong. Everybody fell towards the chip and started flaming me. Thot someone out there would have a mbc and would want to talk bout it. And btw chaos dont think you will be able to run a t3/t4 at 50psi but you can try

Quick Reply: Lets debate!!