Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets debate!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Default RE: Lets debate!!

good to see you guys replyd to this thread so nicely. only if you could help out with my other threads. ive been asking q's ever since i joined. no one wants to answer me. Now everyone is ready to flame me?? Nice. good to see you know your****jeff. And yes i know alot of **** to bout cars and all its components.have a q?? askme..we might have started on the wrong foot guy. My names Alfi, i live in NZ and have had the 97 audi 1.8T Quattro for bout 7 months. was going to get it chiped but some disagreement happend with me and inmotion so looking to go APR now.well hope to talk to you guys in the fuure and hope ididnt **** too many ppl off.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM

a chip is the computer ish and the rest does as its told via that chip ( programming ) not possible on the older cars as you probably know, your question is your answer

Old 03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
4th Gear

What happened with you and inmotion?

Josh

Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Babz

good to see you guys replyd to this thread so nicely. only if you could help out with my other threads. ive been asking q's ever since i joined. no one wants to answer me. Now everyone is ready to flame me?? Nice. good to see you know your****jeff. And yes i know alot of **** to bout cars and all its components.have a q?? askme..we might have started on the wrong foot guy. My names Alfi, i live in NZ and have had the 97 audi 1.8T Quattro for bout 7 months. was going to get it chiped but some disagreement happend with me and inmotion so looking to go APR now.well hope to talk to you guys in the fuure and hope ididnt **** too many ppl off.
On the 9th of March (10 days ago) you said this:
"My cars is boosting only 5psi through out the rev range and drops to 4 or 3psi by the time im at 6000rpm. It only ever climbs up to 7 psi under load but realyquickly drops to 5 psi but if im giving the car hell from first gear, the gauge on only ever sees 5 psi max."
Now you say this:
been using a MBC at 14psi from 9months ago. have a a/f ratio and it says im running fine. Also spark plugs say im running fine, no detonation or misfires. Car idles fine and holds boost fine.
Why would we want to continue trying tohelp a liar who rejects all logical help in the first place? It makes no sense...

Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 PM

chips dont correspond to anything they are programed so they do as they are told

Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
4th Gear

He probably asked for a debate with them 2 which is just apolititionsword for argument. [:-]j/k

Seriously what happened with them, did not want to chip it cause they havent done older cars?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:08 PM

older cars are easier

Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

older cars are easier
Simple cars for simple people

Old 03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Site Moderator

The reason you aren't getting any help is because you never follow up on the problem. Someone will tell you to check for vacuum leaks, you say okay, and never post the results.

Since it's a 97, you probably have a boost leak somewhere. First off, turn the boost down to stock(8psi) tohelp find the problem.If you're still running the stock diverter valve, it;s time to upgrade it. They don't last very long under high boost. Check all the vacuum/boost lines for leaks and make sure they're all connected.

For the mbc issue, if you simply crank up the boost, it will increase the volume of air in the engine. Since you're not supplying it with enough fuel, you'll end up with a lean condition, which causes the spark plugs to turn white, engine knock, and worst case, a rod through the side of the motor. If you turn the fuel pressure up along with the boost, your lowr rpms will suffer the consequences. The increase in fuel will aid in keeping the high boost in check, but it won't account for when you're not at full boost and it will run ver rick. Causing the plugs to turn black and resulting in the o2 sensors and cat to go bad prematurely.

Either case will be far more expensive than buying a chip and having the peace of mind knowing that you won't destroy your motor. Most chips also turn the boost to 18psi, so you'll also be getting more power, more reliably.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:21 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Babz

PPl say using a MBC to put the boost up leans out your car. How?? What exactly does a chip do to make sure yourchambers have enough gas at the right times?? Id say nothing. Fuel depends on the maf right and is adjusted by theFPR (which is not electrical) so the chip cant have any effect on the FPR. if you can run 15psi with a chip, why not with a mbc?? Other then timing problems , as some say, i dont think fuel would be a promblem..

Any other opinions????
A chip is your cars computer.

Quick Reply: Lets debate!!