Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

let the games begin

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default let the games begin

well its been a long few weeks, but parts have FINALLY started comming in. today in the mail i got my e-codes, my speedtuning chip, a part for the tail lights, and my short throw. the first thing i did when i got outta work was install the ECU and start the car up, i gotta say it started right up and is running really nice(for its current condition). after that i fixed the tail light and installed the e-codes. the e-codes are imported from germany and aside from the turn signal bulb not fitting right they went in with a breeze and look great. i havent attempted the short throw yet cause the car is going in for a p/s pump, new plugs, and new pads tommrow. (i got the NKG plugs and EBC green stuff pads.)

even though the car is not in the best condition i gotta say i expected a little more from the chip, i kno it takes a few days to settle in, and i dont have any supporting mods, but i gotta say im not seein this night and day difference. when i get the car back from the shop im taking it to a local tuner to have the boost gauge put in and im gunna see if i have any leaks in the vaccumes, cause i hear the turbo much better then i used to, but i dont feel it that much.

oh and i bought a 5'x3' audi flag that is proudly hanging on my wall.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: let the games begin

ahh well the fun is over. its night time out and i forgot to put a peice in the headlights so their aimed at the floor for now and its way to cold to stand outside and fix it. [&o]

Old 01-18-2008, 06:50 PM
5th Gear

lol yeah it just got dark a little while ago here, and i give up on removing the bumper, its too cold. guess i'll have to do it tomorrow morning.

but i would definitely get a boost gauge, cause the difference should be very noticeable. how come your not doing the plugs, pads, and p/s pump yourself?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

well the p/s i dont wanna mess with cause its got hydraulics and stuff like that which im not educated on at all. ill prob. end up doing the pads cause thats easy, the plugs, ehh i just dont have the time to get the tools and for $10 while im at work i figured y not. i really wished this happened during the summer, my car would be so much further along now. but for now its too cold to paint or start bondo cause i dont have access to a heated garage.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
5th Gear

yeah i know what you mean. im gona turn my bedroom into a temp painting booth so i can mod my bumper and paint my wheels lol

Old 01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i was about to make the basement a temp. booth, till my rents came home and started bitchin cause my brother has asmath. which i understand, but im f'd untill it warms up a little, and the mechanic i normally use dosent wanna put in my P/S pump till i have a fender on the car, and my replacement fender is already preped for body work. hopefully on monday i can go to my old shop and just shoot the fender there.