Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Seat Repair

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Leather Seat Repair

Recently when I went back to college I had my A4 packed full of my stuff, one thing was a smaller TV. After a 2 hour drive, my TV had stretched out the bottom of my leather seat and now it has this nasty ripple in it. Is there any way of repairing this that doesn't consist of replacing the seat?

Old 10-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Leather Seat Repair

I'm interested in this too - took a drive to NYC (about 3 hours) awhile back and had a cooler on the back seat. When I took it out the cooler's bottom pattern had imprinted itself in the leather somewhat, and has not returned to normal yet (going on 3 months now). I'm also hoping someone can answer this.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
4th Gear

Have to take it to a Auto upholstery shop and see what they say can be done.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:26 AM
1st Gear

yeah that's what I'm afraid of...

Old 10-07-2007, 01:00 AM
4th Gear

not to give someone hope and then crush it, i have had some success with getting little imprint out by cleaning a conditioning the leather, the real way. ive really only tried this with lexol products because thats all we use at work. i also regardless of lexol direction used hot water instead of luke warm, what this bascally does is make the leather pliable and depending on the severity of the ripple return to or near its original shape, you may have to do it once or twice for the water to really penetrate the leather pores and the conditioner to soak in and do its magic.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 AM

I would break the back seats in and bone some hotty. Seriously. The more you work the leather with repetetive, fluid motions, the more it'll loosen up and go back to a normal position, right? That's my two cents.

Or, if you're not down with that, you could just rub it out (No pun intended)

Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Administrator

LOL, nicely put Unfortunately for me, I'm gonna have to try it SAudi's way - I'm about 6'4" and the back seat area is too small for much of anything for me. Of course, that'd be a good excuse to remove the seats and finally fix my DS seat airbag connector...

Old 10-07-2007, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

LOL, nicely put Unfortunately for me, I'm gonna have to try it SAudi's way - I'm about 6'4" and the back seat area is too small for much of anything for me. Of course, that'd be a good excuse to remove the seats and finally fix my DS seat airbag connector...
Touche. I hope it works out for you

Old 10-07-2007, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Leifer

I would break the back seats in and bone some hotty. Seriously. The more you work the leather with repetetive, fluid motions, the more it'll loosen up and go back to a normal position, right? That's my two cents.

Or, if you're not down with that, you could just rub it out (No pun intended)
Bone some hotty in the back seat? I'll take that one into consideration haha

Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Administrator

I'm sure you'll be getting some with that RS4 front bumper you have!

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Repair