Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lack of boost...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: lack of boost...

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

you can test it but its probably not worth it, just go get a 710n and you should be good.... but if you do wana test it you need a vac pump thing and you just put it on there where the vac line goes and look inside the dv see if the plunger thing moves and holds suction
Beat me to it you dirty SOB![&:] Good advice though!

Old 04-06-2006, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

well sorry,i meant to say i didnt know IF there was a way to test it...and i can take sarcasm but i also see lots of other ppl get **** on daily for asking questions,and i just dont want to be one of them

Old 04-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Site Moderator

If you dont want to get **** on for asking questions, im going to help you out.. Dont ask the following:

What can I do to make my 2.8 faster?
Which BOV is best?
APR or GIAC?
Did you see this Audi made out of REAL SILVER!?

Those are the 4 basic questions you are gunna get major crap for, for asking...
Not searching for an answer to your question before posting it is also a big no-no.

Using your own common sense, or at least pretending to in your question helps a lot.. Like if i posted- "My windshield washers arent working and every time i pull the stalk to spray the windshield i just hear a motor noise, but nothing comes out, any suggestions of what it could be???" Before taking the time and finger effort to post the question, common sense would have kicked me in the ball sack to check the winshield washer fluid resevoir to make sure there is fluid in there. That kind of thing...

Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

i've had the same problems before but i replaced my DV and the lack of boost was gone =P

Old 04-07-2006, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

I've had similar problem - half the boost at times... New N75 did not help, new 710N did not help, all the vac lines were fine (replaced them all during the head work down time),waste gate was fine too and there were no codes or CEL... After a month of trying everything - ended up replacing stock N75 with MBC from ECS. Over 2 months - no issues at all, boosts quicker and holds boost strong.

D

Old 04-07-2006, 02:31 AM
5th Gear

Probably cuz your car was being retarded and going in to limp mode
ORIGINAL: duhvinci

I've had similar problem - half the boost at times... New N75 did not help, new 710N did not help, all the vac lines were fine (replaced them all during the head work down time),waste gate was fine too and there were no codes or CEL... After a month of trying everything - ended up replacing stock N75 with MBC from ECS. Over 2 months - no issues at all, boosts quicker and holds boost strong.

D

Old 04-07-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear

I was not aware of the limp mode on 1998...?

Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 AM
5th Gear

Yea they can do it, its not as common with them as the 99.5 and newer but it can happen and it would have been the n75 which did you have the H or J

Old 04-07-2006, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

I've had the stock "H" Replaced it with another "H", the problem did not go away... There are few others popping up with the same issue every now and then, never seen any concrete resolution yet... It has to be somthing with N75, at least in my case, but what exactly causing it - no clue... Oh well, MBC works great for me.

D

Old 04-07-2006, 04:31 PM
5th Gear

sounds like it was probably going in to limp mode, good thing you got it all fixed with the mbc
ORIGINAL: duhvinci

I've had the stock "H" Replaced it with another "H", the problem did not go away... There are few others popping up with the same issue every now and then, never seen any concrete resolution yet... It has to be somthing with N75, at least in my case, but what exactly causing it - no clue... Oh well, MBC works great for me.

D

Quick Reply: lack of boost...