Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kicked out at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Kicked out at the dealer

i too am a big believe in the "principle of it" but i had a customer threaten me today after i had already offered him a discount in hopes of taking care of him... we were $20 away froma peaceful solution and instead of him saying, man thats only $20 can we do something to work this out, nicely to me, i would have, instead, he threatened to jump the counter and blah blah blah........he got zero discount and i told him to leave and put him on a national DNR (do not rent list)

a lot of it is how you ask not tell ( i dont know how you went about it, nor i am insinuating you said anything wrong) but it is way out of line except in an extreme circumstance to throw out a customer.... i only did so because he threatened me personally...

tell him $5 oil changes is worth about $150 at YOUR cost, his is even less and no telling if he will do a complete oil change, my dealership (gossett) didnt under my first free oil change

good luck with them! i hate dealerships!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

From working at dealers for awhile I can tell you that there is a good possibility of this being resolved. What I would do is this(if you haven't done so already) take the care to another dealership or mechanic and have him put in writing what exactly the problem is and how it was caused. Second, keep working your way up the chain with Audi, they already have enough bad publicity with their reliability records so the last thing that they want is more aggrivation over service issues. Remember to keep your cool when dealing with the dealer and it's managers. No matter how mad you get or how arrogant they are don't give them the higher ground by using foul language and flipping out. Get the letter from the mechanic or other dealer detailing the cause and effect of the problem and simply present that to the owner and/or Audi of North America representative and use that as your stronghold. If all else fails, threaten legal action; most dealers will pay up to avoid legal issues. If worse comes to worse and they don't show for court you win anyway. Just remember to keep your cool.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 PM
3rd Gear

Well I am my own mechanic, most of the time. Except in January 2005, I didn't have a garage to do the timing belt/wp job and the weather wasn't good to do it outside. Additionally, that first timing belt was done at 84,800 miles, and I didn't want my work to void the warrantee (up to 100K miles CPO extended warrantee). I have also spoken with my attorney today.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bogie

Well, if anyone hasn't read my post regarding the backwards water pump pulley install at Valenti Motors in Watertown, Ct, and is thinking of going there for service, please read here:
https://www.audiforums.com/m_765972/tm.htm

Well, I had a visit with the service manager at Valenti Motors today, and he told me to pound sand.
So, I had printed up pages ahead of time and showed him that when someone Googles "Valenti Motors Watertown Ct Timing Belt Water Pump" then this comes up as #1 in the search.
You'll get this ->
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
which leads to this ->
https://www.audiforums.com/m_524161/tm.htm

LOL, way to stick it to him. [sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 PM

hey bogie, my company does a ton of search engine optimization, so good job getting that ranking up there. Now all we need to do is get you ranking well for any search in your area for audi dealers....

I'll get on it

Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: klum00

hey bogie, my company does a ton of search engine optimization, so good job getting that ranking up there. Now all we need to do is get you ranking well for any search in your area for audi dealers....

I'll get on it
Sick, Awesome, thanks Aaron.

I did just speak with the owner, who is going to have the service director call me back hopefully tomorrow to try to work something out, outside the legal system. If not, I also spoke with my attorney today (a co-workers brother). Everyone needs a lawyer these days. It'ssadbut true.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

Way to stay on their a**ses! If you enter only "Valenti Motors Watertown Ct, this post comes up as number 2...right behind the dealer's own site...lol. If klum00 can get you bumped up on other search engines, it'll be priceless. Not to mention it might be damn helpful to getting you what you need from them.

Man, hearing this aggravates me. I'm actually going to be headed toNewtown, CT on Friday and Watertown isn't out of my way. Maybe I'll stop by and mention that I'm in the market for a ride, but I've heard horrible things about their service when doing online research. Something about some guy and his water pump??

Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

That guy sounds like a total douchbag!!!,
Congradulations Rich Ricci, you are the most hated man on Audi forums, right next to the guy who suck sand through his intake.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
3rd Gear

bump for edit to first post.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:02 PM

I'm happy that you got your money back man, way to handle it in a good manner as well.