Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key scratch repair kit finally arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Key scratch repair kit finally arrived!

I would like to see how this comes out because I have a scratch or 2 and a couple chips on the hood.

One thing that gets me so angry is when I see people leaning on the car with there jeans or purse. [:@](have some F-ing respect)

Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

The trick to that is to get one of those ultra sensitive car alarms that seem to give warning beeps if you get too close or look too hard at one.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

Also you can buy a factory matched pen and clearcoat from a dealer for like $14, plus rubing compoundfrom autozone for like $5 and your in buisness, thats what i did but haven't had a free saturday to go to town on my car with it yet

Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM
4th Gear

Original: new2me

One thing that gets me so angry is when I see people leaning on the car with there jeans or purse. [:@](have some F-ing respect)
Ugh I know it! I've got another, lighter scratch on my hood that just appeared the other day, looks like some ******* jumped on my hood and slid off. Honestly, who does that?

Old 07-26-2007, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

"One thing that gets me so angry is when I see people leaning on the car with there jeans or purse. [:@](have some F-ing respect)"

That happened to me the other day.....it pissed me off. Luckily it was only for a few seconds.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

Absolute rubbish. Yeah, from a distance now thescratches I worked on (rear fender) are not as apparent, but the moment you get up near it, it's plain as day that someone filled in a scratch with touch-up paint. I even tried rubbing it down with a bit ofacetone before applying the clearcoat, and after that I used the rubbing compound, which just dulled the finish around the scratch. Ugh.

Here's an after shot:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ippant/A42.jpg

Maybe I'm just rubbish at painting scratches, but in any caseI'm going to continue saving up for a professional paint job and have it done PROPERLY.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

That's too bad man. My car was also keyed about a month ago, pretty bad on the passenger side, trunk and driver side fender.

I was hoping this kit would help a little but you don't seem to think so.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
2nd Gear

im just going to get a motion sensor for the audi, and since i always park far away nobody will ever get hurt.

fyi, im having blowtorches installed under the car...you know, for those bastards that get 2 close.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

ugh, its amazing how inconsiderate and clueless some people can be. Scratches and a dirty car are my two biggest pet peeves. I just bought my A4 about a month and a half ago. There are a few decent size scratches on it. I was originally going to have them fixed, but i think i'm going to hold off and get the entire car painted (lowers too w/ s4 door blades). Anyone know a ball park number for what a body shop might charge to spray an entire car? No body work needed at all, just spraying.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
4th Gear

I got a quote a while back from a paint/upholstery repair shop (my dad recommeded them because the Ford dealership he works at sends cars to them for specialty work). The guy looked over the entire vehicle for the quote, so I'm pretty sure the number included the cost of repairing the entire paint job, not just the side with the massive scratch. The number he gave me was about $715.00. I'd guess that's a good ballpark figure. Much less than I was expecting, but I'm still broke so it'll be a while before I can do that!

Quick Reply: Key scratch repair kit finally arrived!