Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key/Remote question: not the usual question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default Key/Remote question: not the usual question...

this isnt a "how did program" question..

today i went and picked up a valet key from the stealership for a bargain price of $51 + tax.. so of course im stoked to finally use my remote to lock/unlock the car..

i got some new batteries for the remote at radio shack (not sure if they are the right ones.. ) so i figure im good to go..

i get to the programming and NOTHING.. NOTHING happens.. my key will not program.. so now im thinking that my remote is just fuked up ... like i said i got 2 3v batteries from radioshack.. im not sure if they are right or not.. but they seem to be.. so before i go pay for batteries from the stealership .. is there a way you can buy just the "remote" part of the remote.. i dont need the part with the blank key .. i just need the smart part of the remote w/ the buttons on it.. and then snap on the other end with my key on it..

..or am i gonna have to buy a whole new remote.. and have them RIP ME OFF again to cut the key on the remote.

hopefully this isnt a redundant (sp?) question.. didnt find anything like this w/ search

Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Key/Remote question: not the usual question...

Order the remote part off ebay. And both of mine aren't responding to programming right now and are totally useless. Get someone with a vag-com to help you reprogram them. I have a code right now saying the number of times I have attempted to use my key has exceeded the limit or something. You can find the instructions on how to reprogram a key with vag-com on AW.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Key/Remote question: not the usual question...

one way to check if the remote is working is point it at a camera and view it on the TV screen you will see the transmitter led glow on the screen