Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KarlMarx License plate frame

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: KarlMarx License plate frame

ORIGINAL: bentframe

i got a frame with the group buy we did a few months back, but it's starting to fall apart and more than half of the tabs that secure it are broken off...i'm definitely interested in an OE frame if they're a good quality and a good price...one that says 'quattro' would be ideal.

karlmarx, how is the fitment? does the frame contour with the bumper or is it flat like the one i got?
It's a straight frame... If you tighten down the bolts enought, it will contour to your bumper, if that's really what you want... I'll have to take a "stright down" picture for you today when I get home, so you can see what it looks like. It looks like it was made for the car, not "out of place".

Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

It wont say Quattro, it will be just like the one in the pic, except it will say Bamberg instead of Ingolstadt.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

It wont say Quattro, it will be just like the one in the pic, except it will say Bamberg instead of Ingolstadt.
Nice avatar.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:08 PM
2nd Gear

My phone cam sucks. Sorry. That is what the plate will look like. No engine size or quattro, just Audi A4. And the frame is plastic and will be identical to KarlMarx's, except it will say Bamberg instead of Ingolstadt.

$20 will cover the cost of both items, plus shipping ( regular ground). If you want it express or anything like that, the price may go up to cover shipping.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
5th Gear

i'm only interested in the frame...i'd be willing to pay more for one that says ingolstadt

Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear

Well, a buddy of mine (hes got a B6) and I are talking about going to the factory for a tour. If we do, then I will hit up a dealer and see what I can do. But it is about a 100 trip each way. So I cant dip out of work for that one. It will be over a weekend sometime soon.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:38 PM
dan
2nd Gear

is it a plastic or metal frame? I'll take one, obviously prefer ingolstadt but if you dont get to go I'll take the other

Old 03-16-2006, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

Im not sure how those european plates are, if they have raised letters, or if the letters are painted on or what, but if they are flat and they fit in a frame, you could probably go to any sign shop and they could cut you a piece of sheet metal to size and apply vinyl graphics to the metal. They probably will also cover the piece in any color and you could use almost any design you wanted or letters or you could leave the metal blank (white) and have them put vinyl numbers on the plate in that euro plate font or however the plates are layed out. This was just an idea i had for any one with those euro plates, i work at a sign shop and we do all kinds of things like that, so i got that idea, and thought i would share it.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadMajik

Im not sure how those european plates are, if they have raised letters, or if the letters are painted on or what, but if they are flat and they fit in a frame, you could probably go to any sign shop and they could cut you a piece of sheet metal to size and apply vinyl graphics to the metal. They probably will also cover the piece in any color and you could use almost any design you wanted or letters or you could leave the metal blank (white) and have them put vinyl numbers on the plate in that euro plate font or however the plates are layed out. This was just an idea i had for any one with those euro plates, i work at a sign shop and we do all kinds of things like that, so i got that idea, and thought i would share it.

Well ****, you got me. Go to a vynal shop if you wish. It was jus an offer, I dont care, I am drunk, if you dont want em, super!! Juat making an offer. Thanks noob.

EDIT: Wow, that was rude, my bad.