Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just wanna make sure, upgrading soon.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:00 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: just wanna make sure, upgrading soon.

i think the k03s numbers are on a transverse engine tho

edit- just downloaded the vid and those numbers are on a GLI

Old 10-14-2007, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

yep that was what i was looking for a borla exhaust.

so am i in the right direction?
giac chip, testpipe, exhaust, forge 007, intake, k04.

i know an intake wouldn't do anything, but i heard it makes it better to hear your turbo. but i think i can live without an intake for now.

i just want to reach the whp i want because it seems like everything could beat me and i feel hella slow, it makes me sad to be the slowest one out of all my friends, its pretty tough to keep up with an mk4 supra, z32 tt, sr20 b13. yikes, i'm like way behind lol. and yeah .. my friends are speeders we go cruising a lot it would be nice to keep up with them without having to punch it all the way just to be pretty close by yet still far.

edit: how much psi would i have to be boosting to get 200whp? and whats safe? is the safe like 18-20psi? and what is the highest.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: jinnyboo

yep that was what i was looking for a borla exhaust.

so am i in the right direction?
giac chip, testpipe, exhaust, forge 007, intake, k04.
practically my exact setup. looks good to me. but i think GIAC's file also uses a 5 bar fpr
i know an intake wouldn't do anything, but i heard it makes it better to hear your turbo. but i think i can live without an intake for now.
yeah it makes it more audible, but thats it. you could do the DIY intake mod and get the same results tho
i just want to reach the whp i want because it seems like everything could beat me and i feel hella slow, it makes me sad to be the slowest one out of all my friends, its pretty tough to keep up with an mk4 supra, z32 tt, sr20 b13. yikes, i'm like way behind lol. and yeah .. my friends are speeders we go cruising a lot it would be nice to keep up with them without having to punch it all the way just to be pretty close by yet still far.
haha yeah my friends have an evo 8, srt-4, GLI, rsx, built is250, couple GTI's, and a cobalt ss. only the is250 can beat me tho
edit: how much psi would i have to be boosting to get 200whp? and whats safe? is the safe like 18-20psi? and what is the highest.
out of a k04? depends on your supporting mods. but the tuning you get will dictate how much PSI your pushing. the GIAC file runs around 16 psi (not positive tho ask khj677turbo he has the GIAC file), mine is about the same. if you got the pc-16 file you would be boosting past 22psi but you would need other supporting mods as well. a k04 is going to be blowing hot air past 20-21psi but 20psi is definitely safe for a DD.

to get 200whp out of a k04 on the basic E05 file you would need a test pipe, exhaust, and a fmic. that should get you real close. you could also add w/m injection and gain another 20-30 hp too. so take the money you were gona spend on an intake and get either a fmic or w/m

Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

gee thanks for the help, i really appreciate it,

even if i don't reach 200whp, i would be happy being really close to it without having to drop tons of money into this car.

where can i get a water / methanol kit? i didn't know what it was until i searched the forums.
always wanted to get a fmic, i hate seeing the stupid little sidemount, so i'll add another thing on the list to get.

okay, well i'm pretty much set, i just need information on that w/m injection. i searched google and found out how much they go for, i was wondering whats the cheapest / reliable w/m kit i could fine out there, i didn't even know what they were until now, kinda crazy how they improve the tt's by 40hp.
"haha yeah my friends have an evo 8, srt-4, GLI, rsx, built is250, couple GTI's, and a cobalt ss. only the is250 can beat me tho"

holy crap! your hella fast. xD.

*edit, a mbc would come in handy as well, right?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 PM

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=58

Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

thanks. i'm saving it. i might search around more for cheaper ones.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:07 AM
5th Gear

Snow Performance is definitely the w/m kit you wanna get and its gona make a noticeable difference. im getting one for mine this week

Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

coool! haha.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

which one would be better? get my k03 rebuilt to the k04 specs or just buy a k04?

Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
5th Gear

its up to you. personally i would just rebuild my k03 cause its cheaper and there's a couple guys on here who are happy with their gpop k04

Quick Reply: just wanna make sure, upgrading soon.