Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Default RE: Just totaled my car

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7
This occured in downtown rochester, NY. The speed limit in the city is either 30 or 35...anyone else think that's some pretty extensive damage for a car allegedlytravelling that speed limit? I'm thinking he must have been going close to 50 or 60....the EMT said there was 3.5 feet of intrusion into my car, and my car ended up a good 30 feet from where impact occured.
He must've been going at least 50-60, if there's that much intrusion. From the pics, it doesn't look like it's 3.5 feet though. Hope everything goes well for you.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
3rd Gear

my heart just sink to my stomach, i feel horrible... and that sway bar... take it off if they dont wanna factor it into the cost, along with the intake.. thats your personal property if they dont wanna factor it into the car. its just like taking your sunglasses from the center console... trust me i been through this too many times with insurance companies and sometimes they factor in the cost of everything and sometimes they dont. good luck... hurry and get another audi and get back on the road bro..

never follow... especially cops, lol

Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM
4th Gear

I'll try to find the pic of my car it looked a lot like your and sent me from the center of the intersection to the curb on the corner after a 360. I was turning left and they were doing about 50 mph when they t-boned me.I was in my2 door 98 gtp and they were in a 90 accord. Both cars were totaled.I was hit in the same spot and the side of the car was in a good foot and a half putting afold in the rear seat.

Insurance would not give me any $ for the stuff I put on it. (intake, exhaust, stereo, grill) so i took everything off and sold it. I tried to get the motor and trans because the trans was new and motoronly had 50k onit, but they said id only get2-3k for the car then.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ou2mame
can i have the rings off your truck? haha.. sorry about the car though
Belive it or not, I actually just bought an extra set of rings a week or so ago. Decided to play around after work on friday and invented the RENTAL CAR MOD! (good for a laugh, but will be coming off shortly)

Police and insurance reports should both beavailible by Monday. I'm soooo depressed...its a beautiful day, and I'd be puttingsummer wheels, brake padsand a fresh coat of wax on my car today,if it weren'tfor this train wreck.

the search for a new car...continues...

Old 04-21-2007, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

hahaha this is probably the coolest thing i've ever seen. (for the circumstances of course)

ORIGINAL: ou2mame
can i have the rings off your truck? haha.. sorry about the car though
Belive it or not, I actually just bought an extra set of rings a week or so ago. Decided to play around after work on friday and invented the RENTAL CAR MOD! (good for a laugh, but will be coming off shortly)

Police and insurance reports should both be availible by Monday. I'm soooo depressed...its a beautiful day, and I'd be putting summer wheels, brake pads and a fresh coat of wax on my car today, if it weren't for this train wreck.

the search for a new car...continues...

Old 04-22-2007, 01:22 AM
3rd Gear

ya thats pretty funny.. still rockin the rings...

Old 04-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

SOrry to hear and see bout the wrecked audi. But as said at least you are ok. From my knowledge about certain accidents at least here in Ohio, if you were passing over another lane of traffic making a left it will odds are be your fault(failure to yield) as stated above.unless the cop is found to of been speeding, perhaps by skid marks or cameras etc. Any odds the central locking module could be saved? part number 8LO-862-257-N lol., there needsto be an audi organ donors list lol. good luck on the car ordeal, keep us updated.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
2nd Gear

how you guys gonna tell him its his fault? straight f***ed up. dirty pigs man, that sucks!! (so does the stratus except for the rings)

Old 04-22-2007, 11:45 PM
4th Gear

Hey whats the part # on your ABS module I'm looking for one with ending with "M". I'll take your passenger side mirror also.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

This occured in downtown rochester, NY. The speed limit in the city is either 30 or 35...anyone else think that's some pretty extensive damage for a car allegedlytravelling that speed limit? I'm thinking he must have been going close to 50 or 60....the EMT said there was 3.5 feet of intrusion into my car, and my car ended up a good 30 feet from where impact occured.
yea ide deffinatly say the damage is excessive for a car going the speed limit. cops around here (in MA) will fly by you on the highway when youre doing 75 in a 55. its rediculous. i was at school in RI following a cop (no lights on) that was going 80+ in a 50(sometimes he got going so fast that i didnt want to keep up with him). its quite rediculous.

Quick Reply: Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS