Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Just totaled my car

police cruiser 1

audi 0

sorry for the loss, glad you are okay though

Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 AM
5th Gear

lol those battering rams on the cruisers are no joke

Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 AM
4th Gear

Jesus thats definitly totaled... holy crap you took a hit man, your entire door is no longer connected.. insane stuff. Glad your alright

Old 04-20-2007, 06:06 AM
5th Gear

damn man that is som insane carnage really glad your ok

Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

can i have the rings off your truck? haha.. sorry about the car though

Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

omg im glad you are okay!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

that's awful man.

this happened to me (sort of) but I was the other car...

I was driving straight, 4 way intersection, no lights.
the car in front of me was making a left, so i went around them to the right. as i was coming around him, a car going the opposite way made a left in front of me. i couldn't see him because of the car going my direction in front of me taking the left was blocking. i hit the brakes, but still hit him square in the b-pillar.

his car was totaled, i didn't even break a headlight. I had some damage, but i drove it for a month with out fixin a damn thing. score 1 for german cars. I was 1992 525i, he had a 96 accord wagon.

anyways, my point is that i never even told the insurance company my side of the story. i just got a call a few weeks after i got the estimate that they were sending me a check. i was shocked.

so best of luck...you might need it. hopefully the cop banged the judges wife or something and you'll get some cash.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: rccks96

What's that big thing in the middle front seat area?

edit - oh, nevermind - looks like the passenger side door panel. Wow.
Made me LOL. Yup, that's the door.

ORIGINAL: scotts custom

but second is that you get to reuse your fender!!!! YAY! is that the only piece of metal that is not dented or messes up???
Also hilarious....yup, I think you're right...just about everything else is shot to hell (although the engine looks fine).

Insurance guy is coming today....think there's any way they'll factor the cost of the intake and the swaybar into the overall value of the car? I know some companies do that, but this is my first dealing with Geico.

Police report should be finalized any day now. Hopefully I can get this deemed a "no fault"...I'm sure there's no chance of getting the blame placed squarely on the officer. I'm still mapping out the timing sequence of the traffic lights...and I want to see what the witness statements said before I get a lawyer involved.

This occured in downtown rochester, NY. The speed limit in the city is either 30 or 35...anyone else think that's some pretty extensive damage for a car allegedlytravelling that speed limit? I'm thinking he must have been going close to 50 or 60....the EMT said there was 3.5 feet of intrusion into my car, and my car ended up a good 30 feet from where impact occured.

So yeah...I'll keep you posted, and thanks for the kind words.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:35 PM
4th Gear

Ouch, thats alot of damage. Hopefully your insurance will cover everything. It doesn't look good for your case though. Cops around here do that all the time, sometimes they're not even on an emergency, they just don't want to wait at the lights like everyone else. Sometimes they're even on their cellphones, which is illegal in NY.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

it hurts to look at any pics of a crashed audis.
my heart goes out to you & glad you're ok.

Quick Reply: Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS