Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Just totaled my car

Not all cruisers have cameras, those that do have cameras do not record unless the over head lights are activated to at least level 1 on the light bar or if the officer chooses to manually activate it which is rare if he is just driving. For the traffic camera it depends if its for traffic reports, red light, or speed. Traffic reports are live updates for news stations to report the flow of traffic and are constantly retrieving images where as red light or speed cameras are only activated for a few seconds during a violation.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 PM
4th Gear

i feel for you man, i hope things turn out good, good luck with the case, i know its going to be a b!tch trying to fight a cop

Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
3rd Gear

I'll take your MAF please.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

cops do that **** all of the time...i think a cop has blown a stop sign or a light and almost hit my car three or more times. every time it's happened he didn't even notice what he had done, he just sat there looking the other way completely oblivious to myself. i hope you get the benefit of the doubt man (and have good insurance), good luck...

LampyB.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

My 5 year old and I just missed being t-Boned by a cop who come to find out was responding to an incident... blew through a blind intersection... no siren or anything... I just barely got my SUV stopped.... I called down and complained that if they are going to run hot the need to have sirens and flashers on at least in the intersections... ..

Kyle

Old 04-18-2007, 06:57 PM

It just sucks how the cops have an automatic gain on top of you when things like this happen.

btw,usually when cops are on pursuite I always see them yield at an intersection no matter what light it is.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your car, but at least your ok. also alot of people think that if a cop has hid lights on they have right of way...the truth is they don't. you can get a ticket for not yeilding to lights but they don't give the cop right of way. it's more of he's asking for the right of way. as far as getting hit by a cop, it's a hell of a case cause cops stick up for other cops and well you know how that goes. mys sister got hit a year or two ago and with them some how the truth always changes to there view

Dam blue canaries
(Firefighter joke)

Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 AM
3rd Gear

Feel really sorry for you, GLAD YOU ARE OK!!! Hopefully everything will be fine!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A4TUNEIT

damn that sucks man. you're going to get screwed since there's no way anyone is going to believe the cop was in the wrong ya know?[:@]
Not nec, most major police departments use dash cams. If it does actually go to court and you "know" it's not your fault, may sure your attorney brings this fact up and ask for recorded evidence! I did IT work for the Seattle PD for about a year and I've seen cops be "at fault" due to the dash cams even though just like a normal driver, they said it wasn't their fault!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
4th Gear

I'm glad your alright man. I can see you not having a green arrow if you just worked a 13 hour shift, he'll after a 9 hour shift I'm tired as ***** and get little out of wack. But what matters is your not hurt, hopefully this all comes out on your side for your sack. Wish ya luck man

Quick Reply: Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS