Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Just totaled my car

That sucks wish I could say you have a good chance but from an officer's perspective, not lookin good. Whether you had a green light or a green arrow is what will make or break your case. If it was a green light and not an arrow you get charged with failure to yield to oncoming traffic on left turn. This places you at fault for the accident. The good news is that the officer you hit has no say in the accident report it has to be conducted by another officer, but as we both know its not as if he wont influence that report. Unavoidable sadly. Get better and stick it to ur insurance and buy a new baby.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear it bro.

I'm glad to hear you're okay though.

Just keep your heads up and look for another Audi!

Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 AM
5th Gear

the cop should have a video of the accident from the dash. it'll show if he blew through the light or not. sux to hear bout your car man. im gona stop driving mine for like a week now. as soon as 1 person gets wrecked at least 2 more always seem to follow...

Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

Chaos92287 cops dash cams only come on when they have lights and sirens, other wise they would run out of tape after first 4 hours of shift, and yes that does suck, but cops will get the benefit of the doubt purelty because if the cops is at fault it opens up the city to a lawsuit and when the city gets sued its never cheap, people always ask for 100 million for things that dont warrant that much money, so unless you have 10 people who say the same thing with video, or you are living in th ghetto and get shoti think you are SOL.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:45 PM

Sorry to hear that, there wasn't a camera on the traffic light by any chance was there?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 PM
3rd Gear

any kind of store around the area that's security cam might have caught the action. if you got hit in the back-end he must have blown totally. Your sitting at a stoplight, you don't just pull out, thats stupid, I say BS, it being your fault and on giving you the ticket right away. did the cop that hit you give you the ticket? if he did it then it should be thrown out of court since he was involved and could be disciplined if he was at fault.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
2nd Gear

sorry bout the car bro. And the camera on cop cars roll before there is lights or sirens going! I just got my video and audio from when i got pulled over for a DUI........5 F-ing seconds from my F-ing house!!!!! Anyways i got alittle heated there..... but the cop should have it on camera. If there was a camera at the intersection thats even better. I just got off the DUI cause the report said i was swerving everywhere (shows me driving down the middle of one lane perfectly)!!! So if its his fault you got his camera on your side bro! Good luck to ya, id still be pissed about it.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

man that really sucks i couldnt imagine that happening to my car id miss it to much!!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:52 PM
3rd Gear

I got my car for cheap so I would make some $$ if I got totaled. don't want to get in an accident though, maybe a drunk will hit it when its parked - I always love that.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

I am glad you are ok. Sorry about the car but cars come and go. Hopefully, you have comprehensive insurance that will pay forthe car incase the court decides you were at fault, if not; part it out.Remain postive that things will work out for you. Will be waiting for pics whenever you get a chance. Ifwe can be of any help,do not hesitate to let us know.

Quick Reply: Just totaled my car - UPDATED WITH PICS