Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed a Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:45 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just installed a Blow Off Valve

yeah you know. my corolla is faster than your ugly blacked out A4. go figure. and wait...my ugly corolla sells for about 10k...wait...didn't my friend sell his for 12k with less parts in his?

how much is your car worth? 5k...oh sorry buddy. don't cut yourself now.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

take your negative demenor and go homeeeeeeeeee bro.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:59 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: BARRY

yeah you know. my corolla is faster than your ugly blacked out A4. go figure. and wait...my ugly corolla sells for about 10k...wait...didn't my friend sell his for 12k with less parts in his?

how much is your car worth? 5k...oh sorry buddy. don't cut yourself now.
hahahhaha your funny dude. sweet your car is faster and sells for a grand more than mine (dont know where you got 5k) whoopdy fukin doo. go to publix and get a free cookie on me. and since when does how much a car cost have anything to do with its attributes?

and your calling my a4 ugly when you have one? not to mention you have a b6, which is even uglier. you must have an affinity for ugly cars. hope you dont carry that over to your personal life...

all i said was your corolla is ugly as ***, which it is, so i dunno why your so offended and everything. take your own advice and try to not cut yourself

oh and one more thing, you say your BOV isn't open at idle yet you stall when putting it in neutral and you say your gona adjust the spring tension. that just doesn't make sense to me

Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 AM
5th Gear

take your negative demenor and go homeeeeeeeeee bro.
1- i am home
2- im not your bro
3- you must be a bro- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm make believe

If your bov is closed at idle and has proper spring tension to hold it closed (least amountof pressure is best) till peak boost you dont need lemmi adjustments. If you do have problems and the above applies, your bov might be moving to much air for the stock turbos cfm.

and yelling at chaos for giving you the correct info and not being a fan of the ae86 is funny. Not everyone likes everything. Its not a big deal. I like it, but im not him.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

wait...he didn't give me any correct info. as stated why he didn't respond to any thing i said.

all he can do is start bashing on my other car because his inferiority in technical knowledge of how engines and their bits and pieces work.

and you can keep telling everybody that your car looks nicer than theirs do it. nobody cares. and pleassse your car doesn't sell for 11k. i can get a B5 1.8t for 5-6k in good condition. sh*t my friend was selling me his B5 S4 with RS4 kit with the full MTM package for 12k.

if you don't want to talk about what the thread subject is talking about you should seriously save your precious time and don't post.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

so, i have been contemplating for the longest time...should i get a forge dv, or a regular old bov... for my B6 1.8t quattro w/APR +1

after about 2-3 weeks of debating i just realized i had a brand new Blitz Dual Drive blow off valve somewhere in my room. It is part of a turbo kit i was piecing together for my swapped 1986 corolla that's all decked out.

installing this BOV was a PITA! the blitz piston is huge in comparison to the OEM DV. and the hose that goes to the stock dv is about half the size required of the blitz bov. anyway, with the luck of orchard supply hardware and some brass fittings i got this all mocked up.

the original reason i decided to try installing the bov was the fact that i wanted to see if the factory DV was not holding all the boost pressure that my APR +1 is pushing through it. so far, it seems as though the stock dv was definately holding me back. my car now climbs to redline faster than it did with the factory dv. still fairly slow, but it does it a tad easier now.

definate negatives like you all have stated in previous posts. car dies out when you put the shifter into neutral after boosting. that is true...my solution, tomarrow i will try stiffening the bov spring a tad, and then using lemmiwinks to subtract 5% or 10% fuel on throttle decrease. i'm going to play around with it to see which works best. other than that fact, the car seems great. another tidbit is almost the majority of factory turboed vehicles have a preturbo metering system like our Audi does. Since those cars don't seem to have too much of an issue with installing a bov i figured why not! i'd give it a shot! and it turned out just fine.

pictures and video's to come.
1- i didn't know a dv could improve acceleration...
2- stiffening the spring isn't gona completely solve your problems. if you do it too tight you won't release enough air when it "blows off" and if its notstiff enough its gona be open at idle, which is bad
3- these cars do have issues when running a BOV thats open at idle
Im sorry, but thats all pretty good info and it was like the 4th response to your thread.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

I love T said it best.

The AE86 is one of the best pure performance cars around, not much else compares to the handling prowess and balance of that car. It is a minimalist dream, and free of driver aids to hold you back.

Anyone who says its not worth money, or not worth putting money into is just uninformed.

Barry, your car is awesome. Don't waste your time feeling like you need to defend it against someone elses automotive ignorance.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm make believe

AE86, Silivia, and MX-5 Miata's are the best cars for drifting with a little extra power to them. They are all well balanced and dont need much more power above stock to get them sideways

Old 11-02-2007, 04:27 PM
5th Gear

wait...he didn't give me any correct info. as stated why he didn't respond to any thing i said.
yeah im pretty sure cincy already corrected you on that one
all he can do is start bashing on my other car because his inferiority in technical knowledge of how engines and their bits and pieces work.
since when did i say your car is inferior? all i did was say it was ugly
and you can keep telling everybody that your car looks nicer than theirs do it. nobody cares. and pleassse your car doesn't sell for 11k. i can get a B5 1.8t for 5-6k in good condition. sh*t my friend was selling me his B5 S4 with RS4 kit with the full MTM package for 12k.
you said your car was worth 10k, mine is worth 9k. i still dont know where your getting this 5k number. ask everyone on this forum, unless their b5 has over 150k on the clock, they paid over 6 grand. and a b5 s4 w/ an rs4 kit and full MTM package is not 12 grand, that is the most bullsh!t thing you've said so far. your friend must be an even bigger retard than you
if you don't want to talk about what the thread subject is talking about you should seriously save your precious time and don't post.
you should really learn to take your own advice. all i did was make a side comment that your car was ugly and you started posting all this crap
ORIGINAL: Everblue

Barry, your car is awesome. Don't waste your time feeling like you need to defend it against someone elses automotive ignorance.
ignorance? SINCE WHEN DID I EVER SAY THAT HIS CAR WAS SLOW OR SUCKED IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN ITS LOOKS!!!!!11!!11!!one!!11!

holy crap, all i said was the car was ugly. thats it. then retard boy had to start braggin about everything under the hood and why its so much better than my car. when really i dont care how amazing that car performs, its still ugly.

Quick Reply: Just installed a Blow Off Valve