Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed a Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just installed a Blow Off Valve

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

exactly, that and running a bov thats open at idle is what will **** up his car. he heavily modded an 86 corrola, you can't really expect him to make good decisions...
don't make me slap you newbie. and those are not carb's either.
Name:  3rdplaceiw3.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  46.6 KB

anyway, back on subject. only certain BOV's are partially open at idle. the Blitz DD is not one of those. and like Bondga said, i am lowering the decreasing load percentage because without the DV recirculating all that excess fuel is being dumped into the exhaust stream.

also, like i said in my first post. My OEM DV was not holding the boost which is why with the new BOV my car is a little faster past 4,000RPM. before the BOV i could not reach the rev limiter no matter how hard i tried. it would take forever. now with the BOV i can and have.

and by stiffening my BOV spring, the bov will not release low boost pressure. say i was accelerating to pass a car then dropped the shifter in neutral the engine will stall out. well...i probably only boosted 2-4psi which is nothing and its annoyingly causing my engine to stall out because of the released boost pressure.

the majority of you seem to shot call without any facts. how about saying something factual and representative rather than, oh blah blah blah you don't know what you're talking about, without anything to back what you're saying up.

my car actually drives a tad smoother also. since the dv isn't dumping the boost back into the intake stream. in some instances when i lightly accelerate then let off, with the oem dv the boost will be released into the intake stream causing my engine to jerk. now i don't have that issue.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

oh and on a side note. the Blitz DD blow off valve spring is a lot stiffer than the factory dv. i can press the factory dv open with my pinky. the Blitz DD i need to use my thumb and a lot more pressure.

which is probably another reason why it wasn't holding boost at higher rpms.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 PM

Mmmmmm.... itb's.... purdy

Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

Barry nice car.

AE86's are amazing, these kids don't know what they are talking about [:'(]

Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear

Barry, my grandmother called, she wants her sunglasses back.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Bogie
Barry, my grandmother called, she wants her sunglasses back.
rofl nice

man, dont take worry to it. you are new to the forum. everyone gets stuff like this, even when you are not new. its all in good fun

Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

I guess no one has ever heard of a drifting corrola around here. Sweet engine man. At least some people can respect a car enthusiast.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Site Moderator

Some people here dont take kindly to or have the mental abilities to appreciate old toyota boxes, no matter whats under the hood. I have to admit, I am one of those people

Old 11-02-2007, 12:29 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: BARRY

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

exactly, that and running a bov thats open at idle is what will **** up his car. he heavily modded an 86 corrola, you can't really expect him to make good decisions...
don't make me slap you newbie. and those are not carb's either.

MMMMM ITB's.

BTW I am one of those guys who appreciates all forms of good automotive art and the AE86 is one of them.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 AM
5th Gear

never said your car wasn't fast. look at the quote, i said heavily modded. but you chose an 86 Corolla. i would rather put that ITB in a friggin Hyundai than an 86 corolla. that is one of the ugliest sh!tboxes i have ever seen. im sure its fun but it looks like one of my turds

Quick Reply: Just installed a Blow Off Valve