Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just had a life changing audi experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:17 AM
1st Gear
Default just had a life changing audi experience

lol well maybe not life changing but it sure as hell was cool. To make a long story short, i do valet parking as a side job and i saw a 98 a4 pull up to me so i got kinda excited since i have the same car. once the guy got out and i got in, i realized there was something very different about this car when compared to mine....... it sounded mean as hell , the turbo spooled up real quick and it was real quick (not that i was driving fast on the job lol). So as the guy was on his way out i asked him what he had done to it and he told me 93 APR chip and a ko4..... he then preceded to tell me how fast it was and told me to go take it around the block and beat on it a little. well i felt a little wierd since i was working and most people dont mean it when they say things like that to the valets, so i countered and told him to take me around the block and show me what it had. he let it warm up a little then got on it, chirping 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the process (it was a FWD not quattro). he got up to 100 mph like it was nothing, the whole time the turbo was screaming. well after that experience i finally see what all the talk about ko4 turbo and chips is about. im jealous, amazed and impressed at the same time. I love my a4 1.8TQM but my last car was a mustang gt so you know that it kils me that its so slow. Now i see the light and i am saving for an APR and a ko4.....

Old 08-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Administrator
Default RE: just had a life changing audi experience

screw that.. go BT..

Old 08-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

nice.. lucky you have 93 oct..

it wouldve been funny if he told you to take it around the block, but had it in Valet mode....

Old 08-16-2006, 03:03 AM
4th Gear

Did he know that you had an audi before he told you to take it for a spin? I have come to see that Audi owners help each other out at the drop of a dime but it would of been huulaarious if he put it in valet mode before letting you drive it.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:51 AM
3rd Gear

Only problem is, APR does not have a k04 file for b5's so you will want to go with giac. That guy obviously doesn't realize that running incorrect software for a different turbo can be harmful.