Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my VAG-COM...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default Just got my VAG-COM...

And it won't fit! The cable that plugs into the OBD II port is too wide at the end (not the plug itself but the housing for the plug). It won't fit thru the little slot where the plug is. Has anyone else had this problem? I guess I'll be returning it but that sucks b/c I've been waiting for 2 weeks to turn off my airbag light. [:@][:@]

Old 09-19-2005, 10:39 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Just got my VAG-COM...

Well, its a PITA but you can cut up the spot around the plug...

OR, if you're lucky... you might have a port in your rear ashtray (the back of your center console)

Old 09-19-2005, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

Wait...I might have one beside my rear ashtray, huh...I do have something back there b/c I was looking for a cig lighter the other day and there was something else...I'm gonna go check. As far as cutting up the underside of the dash, do you know a way that I could do it neatly? I with i had a dremmel.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:00 AM
5th Gear

It's thin plastic... just take the whole thing out from under your dash, and you can use snips, or maybe a box cutter with a new blade. It isnt SUPER thin plastic... but you could do it. And if it isnt super neat, who cares... it's under your dash dude! Check the rear ashtray first though.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear

OK...went out to check the rear. There's something there but I don't think it's a diagnostic port (it's dark outside). This insanely huge cable wouldn't fit even if it were. Oh well...guess I'll be snipping away tonight. Thanks for your help![sm=groupwave.gif]