Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just beat a Nissan Titan

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Just beat a Nissan Titan

An old buddy of mine pulled up beside me about an hour ago in his brand new Titan. It's 2wd and ex-cab not 4 door (lightest version available). Anyway, he reved his mighty 5.6 indicating he wanted to run so I let him hear the roar of the mighty 1.8T lol. To be honest I thought he was about to spank me. The Titan's 5.6 is the strongest 1/2 ton V-8 out. To my suprise I took him. He started catching up around 50mph, but I hit third and left him. Man, I love my car.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Just beat a Nissan Titan

You are proud of leaving a titan in your dust ? lol

Old 06-05-2005, 08:05 PM

I was on my sportbike the other day when this minivan signaled he wanted to race. I was pretty surprised that I spanked him

Old 06-05-2005, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

Yes, I'm proud. As much as I love my car when you see people posting timeslips of there A4 running 16 sec + quarter miles, one has to come to the realization that A4s aren't quick (especially when Nissan Titans run the quarter in a litle under 15.5). Even with my APR chip it is far from fast. So am I proud of beating a truck with 375 lbs/ft of torque, hell yes I'm proud. My A4 can barely beat my buddies stock 03' Civic Si, which other than decent handling is a pitiful representation of a sports car. By the way, one of my friends could blow my doors of in his single cab Dodge Ram Hemi.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Administrator

ya u beat a truck that wieghts well over 2 tons

Old 06-05-2005, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

I'm beginning to question the automotive knowledge of some of our members. A Titan's hp:weight ratio is roughly 15.7 whereas my chipped A4s ratio is 17.5. As I mentioned in my previous post the Titan runs the quarter in 15.5 which many (and all stock) B5 A4s only dream of. To further dissprove all of you who think my win meant nothing, the Titan's 0-60 is 7 seconds flat, 1.1 seconds quicker than a stock 99' A4 1.8TQM. I guess what everyone is trying to tell me is that I have a car and there's no way a truck can be faster. Please, anyone else that would like to say I'm stupid for bragging over my win go ahead.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

alrite i'll give it to you
congrats on the kill
how new was the car though was it broken in yet
but on the freeway that thing would murder you though

Old 06-05-2005, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

He's had it for about 3 months now I believe. When I rode in it, it definetely felt faster than my car. I'm sure it had a lot to do with how high I was sitting in the truck and how much sportier my suspension is. I really figured he would take me off the line though and that I would have him once we got up to speed. Oh well, a win is a win regardless!!!

Old 06-06-2005, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

lol yea but our cars are so slow without being chipped....My Check Engine light is on right now, therefore my chip is off. It is ridiculously slow, had this old lady beating me in like a camry..lol

Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 AM
2nd Gear

HA a Nissan Titan, nice....last night I was cruz'n home and this AMG BenZ pulled out behind me and as I drove at 40 I began to accel little by little and he followed. So at the next light he was behind me and I just took off and he followed suit and flew past me went I was doing 70, he was hauling a$$, but I had stopped acceling at 70 (streets didnt permit) but he kept going...ha ha what a story

Quick Reply: Just beat a Nissan Titan