Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod hookup to bose system

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Default Ipod hookup to bose system

As u all know i have been looking at a s4 for awhile and i think i have found one taht my dad is willing to len me the money to buy and it has a bose system, I would like to be able to just plug teh audio cables into teh back of the HU if they have them. Anyone know if they do? Brrman?

Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ipod hookup to bose system

mp3yourcar.com should do it

Old 09-02-2005, 09:54 PM

i know of them but i was hoping to be able to just buy the stereo cables from Apple store and just plug them into the back. Its teh best and starighest forward way to do it.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear

Ya apg, i wanna know too...the my3yourcar thing is like $180 for the B5, i have the tape adapter but i guess thats not very hip anymore. is it possible to run just the cord to the back of the head unit?

Old 09-02-2005, 10:42 PM

taht would be the stereo cables im talking about. Im gonna PM brrrman and see what he says.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:57 PM

i found this on crutchfield.com http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YFdXRZc...UX&search=ipod it says its for audis with bose stereo with nav. Not sure what else it will work with but i answered teh question with that.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Site Moderator

APG - I replied to your pm.

This unit you listed above from crutchfield is going to replace your cd changer if you have one. Every A4 (with a cd changer or not) is prewired for a cd changer in the trunk.
The plug is on the left side (drivers) of the trunk behind the trunkliner. You won;t get any display on the radio, but it will work if you don't mind losing your cd changer.

The head units in audi's are made by Clarion (or at least the B5 HUs). They have no inputs or outputs on the back other than the stock harness plugs.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:23 PM

yea i dont care if i lose my cd changer. I have my ipod wired and a cd player. I ahve never used the cd player. I dont however want the ipod wired in the trunk i need to be able to control it in the front where i am sitting. Hmm i will have to call the local stereo place and see if tehy have any tricks up their sleeves to get it to work. I also would like it to charge.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 PM

I think that although the cd changer is in the trunk, the wire that oes to it comes out of the back of the HU. Pull out the HU and check if the CD changer plug is in the back. If it is then just wire it from there.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:55 PM

yea well since ur a noob u wouldnt know but i havent bought the s4 yet. I have a a4 now and i ahve that wired with the alpine HU but this will be for when i buy teh s4. I think i found teh good one but i still have a little checking to do. Also to pull the stereo out u need 4 stereo keys for it.

Quick Reply: Ipod hookup to bose system