Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior-mounted BOV

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Guru
Default RE: Interior-mounted BOV

dude, that and a boost guage are simple, install them yourself......or find someone in town to do it..... bo on shops

Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Site Moderator

How do you know you have the stock dv? Have you looked?
What you describe sounds exactly like a bov.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

dude, that and a boost guage are simple, install them yourself......or find someone in town to do it..... bo on shops
Haha, oh boy, if only you knew how much I understand about cars and engines...

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

How do you know you have the stock dv? Have you looked?
What you describe sounds exactly like a bov.
Oh god, after I just had that argument with cincy, the last thing he needs to find out is that I have a BOV in my car. Hahaha

Anyways, I'm fairly certain the car is bone-stock. That, and this noise just happened yesterday for the first time. The boost pressure still seems to be there, though; it just doesn't feel like a BOV. But I'm scared it is... because it's a pathetically quiet one.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM
2nd Gear

it's not a BOV.

you stated that the noise only happens when you let off the gas abruptly. if you let off the gas slowly the sound doesn't happen correct? and you stated that it happens at any rev in any gear, correct?

those symptoms do not point to a BOV, or even a loud DV..

when at low revs in 3rd or 4th gear you can let off the gas and not hear anything. happens all the time with my BOV..also if you let off the gas at all when in boost you will hear the BOV or DV. no matter if you let off hard, or slowly

Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

it's not a BOV.

you stated that the noise only happens when you let off the gas abruptly. if you let off the gas slowly the sound doesn't happen correct? and you stated that it happens at any rev in any gear, correct?

those symptoms do not point to a BOV, or even a loud DV..

when at low revs in 3rd or 4th gear you can let off the gas and not hear anything. happens all the time with my BOV..also if you let off the gas at all when in boost you will hear the BOV or DV. no matter if you let off hard, or slowly
Not quite any rev, but most.. between 2-4K revs, namely. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if it makes that noise if I let off the pedal slowly.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

Mine does the exact same thing. EXACTLY. After I turn my car off, its like a sigh of relief, for about like 10 or more seconds. And if i punch the gas and let off suddenly, sounds like a BOV. Bad DV?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: mark_2328

Mine does the exact same thing. EXACTLY. After I turn my car off, its like a sigh of relief, for about like 10 or more seconds. And if i punch the gas and let off suddenly, sounds like a BOV. Bad DV?
Probably, I'm getting an APR R1 Monday. You should get the Forge 007, we'll compare [8D]

Old 10-12-2007, 12:03 AM
1st Gear

Ha I got no money man. And my car ismessed up as it is right now. Think I have a coolant leak, I dont know. But when my car did run thats what it was like!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:04 AM
2nd Gear

i don't understand why people keep getting the R1.. i have heard of at least 20 cases since it's release of failure..

anywhere from BT applicatoins to people running one on just chipped cars.

they fail! get a Forge or Bailey.. or if you're still running a k03, just get a 710N

Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

i don't understand why people keep getting the R1.. i have heard of at least 20 cases since it's release of failure..

anywhere from BT applicatoins to people running one on just chipped cars.

they fail! get a Forge or Bailey.. or if you're still running a k03, just get a 710N
****, great. Now you've successfully made me reconsider getting an R1. What's wrong with a diaphragm-based DV [&:]

Quick Reply: Interior-mounted BOV