Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Door handles

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Interior Door handles

1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8V6 Sedan. Cream leather interior. I am looking to re-paint the door handles which are the cream color and the cream colored piece that goes over the window buttons. They are all scratched up and need re-done. Does anybody have what color that is or something close?

also it feels like the paint is almost like a rubberized paint or something. anybody know anything about this?

Old 06-22-2004, 03:24 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Interior Door handles

yeah its known to peel off as it gets old mine is starting to a little bit. sucks! not much you can do about it except get new trim pieces

Old 06-22-2004, 04:15 AM
Site Moderator

if you have the cream or beight color in a 99 1.8t it is more than likely "Ecru". I am not totally sure about 2.8's.
You can buy those door grabs for $35 a piece. Lot easier than painting them.

Though I did paint one of mine just as an experiment. If you do paint them, DO NOT USE PAINT. Use Vinyl Dye which can be bought at Pep Boys (SEMS, or Plastikote). It comes in a spray can and is actual liquid vinyl. It is much more durable and will not scratch easily, and does not require clearcoat. I did mine in black and it has not scratched in 3 months. I'll be repainting it cream color to match my interior next month.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:34 AM
1st Gear

mine is a 2.8 with the cream. brrman you say i can't sand it down and repaint it? there are some deep scratches so i thought i would have to sand it down before painting.

i will look for that liquid vinyl dye. will it fill in the deep scratches you think?

there are some cracks in my cream leather drivers seat as well. i do remember seeing a leather conditioner online that was tinted with a cream dye to help fill in those cracks so they aren't as noticeable. do you have any idea of what that product is?

thanks

dagowv

Old 06-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: dagowv

brrman you say i can't sand it down and repaint it?
huh? I don't recall ever saying anything about sanding. What I did say is not to use "paint". Use vinyl dye. You will obviously have to sand it before you spray with dye. The dye sprays on and sticks like paint.

there are some cracks in my cream leather drivers seat as well. i do remember seeing a leather conditioner online that was tinted with a cream dye to help fill in those cracks so they aren't as noticeable. do you have any idea of what that product is?
sry - no idea on that one.

Old 06-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Site Moderator

SEMS vinyl dye

http://www.levineautoparts.com/semvinandpla.html