Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my 1G DSM BOV...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 04:03 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Installed my 1G DSM BOV...

None at all... The RPM is flowing as stock. Even when "getting on it" and letting off, the RPM drops as stock. Is that what you're refering to Jeff?

Old 02-23-2006, 04:07 AM
Zombie Defense Force

no im talking about when u get off the gas u here thats psss sound from the bov, that noise is the backed up pressure in hte intake, if u dont hear that noise then it iso going back into the turbo, there for forcing the blades to try to go backwards=bad for turbo

Old 02-23-2006, 04:17 AM
2nd Gear

The BOV is opening, I can hear it faintly, but it's not very loud. We're going to try flipping it, to see if we can get some more noise out of it.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Zombie Defense Force

do u have a boost gauge, if so see if u go into vac about -20 to -25. when u shift. if u can hear noise u know some is getting out and thats better then none

Old 02-23-2006, 04:21 AM
3rd Gear

I think dont flip it. is it adjustable ?

You are stock so making about 6-7psi ? I think it is normal that does not make the sound that you want because of there is no enough boost.

When I change gears at 7-8psi and 15psi DV sound is completely different from each other.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ya arif is right if u make 7-9psi and the bov is for 25 or something then it wont open and release all the boost

Old 02-23-2006, 04:37 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

Well Precision Machining finally got me my flange for my First Generation DSM BOV, so we dug in today, and after about 45 minutes of sitting under the car getting crap in our eyes, we finally got it hooked up. We went for a test drive... It was silent, no noise at all, I was quite pissed.[:@]

Then, I noticed that she was no longer clunking in between shifts, the idle was no longer rough, and was idling at 850 as opposed to 700, and the Turbocharger was absolutely singing. Not to mention throttle response is greatly improved, and it feels a lot faster now.

Anyway, I'm going to flip it around tomarrow in an attempt to get some noise out of it... But I doubt it, because the BOV is crushed (Stock 1G DSM BOV handles up to 18psi before it starts leaking. However, "crushing" it by process of hammering down the top so it will now handle 25psi+) so chances are, my little stock 1.8T isn't even generating enough power to open the thing.

So I might have to uncrush it, or something... I'll figure it out.

But just letting you guys know, it works, and it works well.

not 25psi but Im sure close with minor leakage. My 1g bov on my DSM is pretty decently loud for a stock valve. If you want a high boost valve with low boost useability get a pull type not a valvle and spring type.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:42 AM
2nd Gear

A friend of mine is running 26psi on his EVOIII 16G with stock 1G crushed BOV... No leakage at all.

I think I need to put the uncrushed BOV on, and if that doesn't do, I'll put the stock 2G DSM BOV on until I get my GT2X on. I'm just playing around with it right now, hopefully I don't destroy anything.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

A friend of mine is running 26psi on his EVOIII 16G with stock 1G crushed BOV... No leakage at all.

I think I need to put the uncrushed BOV on, and if that doesn't do, I'll put the stock 2G DSM BOV on until I get my GT2X on. I'm just playing around with it right now, hopefully I don't destroy anything.

NOOOOO do not put a 2g dsm bov on unless your running lik 8psi or less. They DO leak exsessivly at just above that psi, having owned 2 cars with them Id say make your valve out of paper mache over that. Just use the 1g it will work well but isnt a pull type by any means.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:40 PM

hmm... let me get this straight

This thing will recirculate all the air , unless it gets 18+ PIS (or 25+ for crushed) then it will start venting to atmosphere.

Kind of like the APS BOV. It uses a piston, and when the piston is is pushed it recirculates, unless alot of boost is had , the piston goes futher up and it opens another hole which vents to atmosphere.

Quick Reply: Installed my 1G DSM BOV...