Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!

i just ordered..........
ebay short shifter! 37$ shipped
PROJECTOR H7/H7 HEADLIGHT/CLEAR CORNER SET PAIR! brand new forr 290 shipped with 4 h7 hid bulbs.
andd i get my tint done on tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!! 35% front windows and the rest will be 20%!!!!!!--220$

WOHOOOO im so happy, i dont think i would spend 547$ any other wayy.

im a little upset tho, that was k04 money dammit![:@]

Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Default RE: Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!HI

hey just to let you know i have that ebay short throw on my car cause thats the way i bought it and its actually a really good shifter and actually its probably better than the b&m that i had on my last a4!this guy at the audi shop drove my car today cause i got a chip for it today and he has driven so many audis and he was like dude what short throw do you have cause thats the nicest one i have ever felt and he was very surprised to hear that it was the ebay short throw so good luck man!thats sick

Old 08-18-2007, 12:02 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Pffft, you still drive an Avant!

Wait.... you drive an Avant. I HATE YOU!

Sometimes, cheap mods are the best. Personalizing your car, even if it's just doing things everyone else has done makes you feel really good about the car you drive. Now go and paint your hood and front fenders black and tell the local ricer scene that you got carbon fiber!

Old 08-18-2007, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Pffft, you still drive an Avant!

Wait.... you drive an Avant. I HATE YOU!

Sometimes, cheap mods are the best. Personalizing your car, even if it's just doing things everyone else has done makes you feel really good about the car you drive. Now go and paint your hood and front fenders black and tell the local ricer scene that you got carbon fiber!

ya, after going to the GTG and being the only one with 2 peice lights i had to get one peice ones. butt now, that i bought them can i go ahead and just order some 6k hids from ecs tunign and they will be a plug and play or do i need to buy some funky wiring stuff.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear

order a vvme.com (ebay ID flashplus $96 shipped) set in anything 6k or under and you'll be good to go.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM
1st Gear

Ok. so for my car to have hid's I can just buy this kit and plug them into my new lights? i dont need to buy an special connectors?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

So, at the expense of all my dignity and pride, I must admit that I have no clue what you guys are talking about. I am just now getting into mods....so here it is [this may or may not be highly pathetic]: what is a short-shifter? what does it do? what advantages and disadvantages are there? and can a 2.8 use one?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JasonnosaJ

So, at the expense of all my dignity and pride, I must admit that I have no clue what you guys are talking about. I am just now getting into mods....so here it is [this may or may not be highly pathetic]: what is a short-shifter? what does it do? what advantages and disadvantages are there? and can a 2.8 use one?

The desired effect of a short shifter is to reduce the distance your hand needs to move to engage the next gear, thus reducing the amount of time spent shifting, reducing wasted time between shifts, and resulting in improved performance. A common misconception in the tuning world is that a short shifter is just a chopped off version of the stock shifter. In fact, chopping your shifter has no effect on the angle that your shifter shaft travels through between gears and therefore does not reduce the shifter's angular throw.

A true short shifter decreases throw by reducing the angle that the shifter shaft travels through during its stroke between gears. By reducing the angle that the shaft travels through between gears, the distance that your hand needs to move between gears is also reduced. In many cases, the shifter shaft is also re-designed to be shorter than stock thus creating a sportier look and feel, as well as aiding in reducing the linear throw length when coupled with the reduced angular throw.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Thanx bro...very informatice...whats the install like on that?? price and labour wise...and are there any negative effects?

Old 08-18-2007, 02:27 PM
4th Gear

No 20% tint all around, no care!

I hate when tint goes from 35% to like 20%... nasty.[&:]

Quick Reply: Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!