Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if im runing lean?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Banned
Default if im runing lean?

ok so i was messin with afr and had it at about 3.7-3.9 bar with the 317cc injectors and it was throwin lean and knock codes like crazy plus puttin off alot of white smoke from my exhaust. i then put my 5 bar in and it ran fine....but later that night i still threw a lean code so what gives? i think its my 3" maf so i think im gonna get 380cc injectors and get it re tuned...any thoughts

Old 04-12-2005, 12:32 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: if im runing lean?

Maf are very very important and I wouldn't mess around with that stuff at all unless I had a wideband a/f gauge. a tiny difference in size makes ahuge difference in readings. White smoke is usually coolant which is a turbo seal or head gasket, but since it was working when you put in your 5 bar its probably not coolant. Also you did clear the codes before putting in the 5 bar correct?

Old 04-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Banned

ya i cleared the codes...also i knwo all about the maf..im reducing the cfm flow thus causing my ecu to lean my car out so thats why i think i should up my fuel even more then adjust it. im kinda lookin into 380cc. with this tuned right i know ill be pullin some better numbers. i understand alot but i like others input that also understand a bit or as much as i do. everything is a concept with a few minior diff varying in car to car. this is why im settin up a fully custom setup. its gonna take the time to run it and tune it properly. although when im done i wont be disoppinted bc its gonna pull so hard with any setup that i go with. ill eventually upgrade the turbo bc alot of my friends run highway and the k04 isnt ment for it. im just doin it to prove something that no one else has as u all know. ya i thought i blew a headgasket but it didnt smell like it nor was the oil or coolant mixed. the smoke didnt even have a smell really. very weird i thought.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:53 AM
3rd Gear

Yea thats pretty weird, maybe it was running cold (rich) and when you got on it, it heated up the exhaust and condensed. I know mine does that for a while longer because it runs rich. Anyways once you get it tuned you won't hafta worry