Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle & Varied Power Problem: Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Default Idle & Varied Power Problem: Please Help

I have an 97 A4 quattro 1.8t with 210,000 miles on it. I have a certified audi technician who does all my maintanance. Recent services include fuel filter, air filter, timing belt and complete cooling system. I have an aftermarket blow off valve that came with the car (appears to have not been installed by a professional). At times my car "hicups" when idling or when coming to a stop. The rpms drop to about 500 and just before stalling the come back to where they should be. There has been times where it has stalled. Also, around 30-35 mph when cruising down the road the car suddenly loses power, and I feel my body moving forward, then seconds later the power comes back and I can feel the car lurch forward. This never happens on the highway and it seems to happen more frequently as time goes on. I have read that it may be bad plugs, ignition coils or vacuum lines. My mechanic said if this were the case the car would throw a code and my check engine light would come on, which has never happened (I know the light works btw). Any ideas? Thank you.