Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tought S2000 is fast

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 03:10 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I tought S2000 is fast

When I first started driving... No speeding, very safe, white knuckle driving.

Reason?

One:

My Brother LENT me his '94 Isuzu Trooper because he got a newer Pathfinder. He left me the keys, and told me if he didn't get it back in the same condition, he would mimic the damage to my car (1990 300ZX... Body was in perfect shape, but had an engine that didn't want to come back from the dead). Not to mention that I have respect for things that aren't mine, especially those that belong to my family. So that was a good reason not to speed or be stupid with my new found freedom.

Two:

My father said to me "One ticket, I don't care for what, you're off our policy. One ticket, I don't care for what, I take your license. One ticket, I don't care for what, I take your brothers car back. One ticket, I don't care for what, I kick your ***. Same goes for a wreck. Are we clear? Ok... Be careful." My father resembles a large Grizzley Bear. I'm not too quick to disobey him, or **** him off.

Which is why I've just now gotten my first ticket recently, which isn't too bad considering how long I've been on the road. I've had one accident that involved gravel, a curb, a tree, a 20ft deep bank, an unfilled retention pond... And a '94 Honda Civic.

So that whole "Young people will wreck their first car, and get a multitude of tickets" generalization is case dependent. Instill enough respect and common sense in a new driver, and they'll be ok.

Thread lock.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:43 AM
1st Gear

I'm not bitching or moaning douche, but an age limit does matter...younger people are more reckless, thats why some states always flirt with the idea of raising the driving age. I find that the high schoolers and the elderly are the worst drivers, so they can go suck it. Inexperience is part of it, sure, but when you are really young and still yerking off instead of getttin the real thing....kids look for kicks by other means. Besides, I have nothing to bitch about, I love speed, and the law deals with speeders....reckless and non-reckless. Street racing is not a "problem" anyway, most of us have better things to worry about - like how to make our ride faster, oh yeah.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:45 AM

well congrats on that. But thats one person, thus i proved my point. I didnt say everyone, i say that group will have more accidents and tickets. There are plenty of people that are in their 40s and never had a ticket or accident. BUt then there are plenty that have crashed 4 times in 4 years.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jrac79

I'm not bitching or moaning douche, but an age limit does matter...younger people are more reckless, thats why some states always flirt with the idea of raising the driving age. I find that the high schoolers and the elderly are the worst drivers, so they can go suck it. Inexperience is part of it, sure, but when you are really young and still yerking off instead of getttin the real thing....kids look for kicks by other means. Besides, I have nothing to bitch about, I love speed, and the law deals with speeders....reckless and non-reckless. Street racing is not a "problem" anyway, most of us have better things to worry about - like how to make our ride faster, oh yeah.
And u think raising it to 18 will change much. How did ur attitudes towards risk and speed change in 2 years. Exactly, and FTR i was getting the real thing before i had a permit.. I understand what ur saying, and i agree, many kids my age should not be trusted with a car. I know some girls that has 6 points, license suspended once, totaled 3 cars all while doing illegal things and still thinks its funny to be a bad driver and refuses to slow down. I watched her nearly run over my friend in our school parking lot going 40 mph. (i asked her later her speed). But... the problem wont change much in 2 years especially since she is 18 now. I mean u cant just raise the age to answer every problem. So u can vote when u can drive, Doesnt make sense. U can drink in the majority of countires around the world before u can drive. They just need to raise the drivers ed and the types of things that are taught. Also a nice trip to the morgue to see a DOA of a TA would help too.

Bottom line, u just cant raise the age because where does that stop? and does it accomplish enough? Think u cant drive until ur out of high school. And rememeber some states allow u to get ur license any time after u get ur permit as long as u take the classes needed.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:13 AM
Zombie Defense Force

i took my car up to 120 today getting onto a freeway. wanted to see how the new tires and suspension would handle. obtw it was like a dream no more floating, it stuck like glue and there was lots more power that i could of tapped into
edit: o ya i got my car vag'ed and it said that i had exceded the speed limit on my car and that my engine warrenty was now void. any one else get a code like that before?

Old 03-15-2006, 05:05 AM
3rd Gear

Jeff: yeah I have the same code

Old 03-15-2006, 05:34 AM
2nd Gear

You Damn young people and your fast little spiffy keen automobiles.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

You Damn young people and your fast little spiffy keen automobiles.

JAJAJAJA

raising the age for driving is a double edged sword IMHO. I was wreckless when I started driving, I got tickest and an accident that were MY FAULT (hit a tree in bumfvck try to show off). I lost my liscense for 30days for all that crap. by the time I turned 18 I had a new lease on my driving career, I was much more respnsible and I had about 2 years of experience under my belt. Now had I start driving at 18 I wouldnt have those experiences and experience driving. Now I know for a fact that maturity at 16 vs. 18 isnt any different, so dont try that route either one of you. I was just as irrespnsible at 16 as I was at 18, dont get me wrong I was a good kid but when your that age you think differently and now 5 years later from 18 I can look back and tell you that. I would say the big jump t adult maturity (if there is such a thing ) is at around 21 IMHO.

Now can we put this arguement to rest???

Old 03-15-2006, 12:41 PM
2nd Gear

Ive had my A4 to 155mph, on a perfectly empty road
No way in h*ll you're doing that on the stock tranny......pos tops out at like 140....rev limited at 7100 in my car at least.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear

He's running 2.8 Transmission.

Quick Reply: I tought S2000 is fast