Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tought S2000 is fast

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I tought S2000 is fast

ORIGINAL: murphy_boy_2

what on your type r? I bet that thing is fricken sweet! Post a pic somewhere, i want to take a look at it, i want to build like an early 90's civic.
I sold the Type-R powertrain... So that I can afford to build something a bit... Errr, different.

-F22B1 (CD7/5 Accord) bottom end
--ARP 8mm rod bolts
--Balanced to 10,000RPM
--Blueprinted
--OEM Bearings/Rings
--ARP Head Studs
-H22A1 Head
--RLZ Stage I Port and Polish
-Full-Race/Spoolin' Performance Hybrid Turbocharger System
-'97 Accord F22B1 Transmission
--Clutchmasters 9lb Flywheel
--Exedy Stage II Racing Clutch
--Axel Shop Hybrid Axels

With this combination of components, Compression Ratio will be right at 9.5:1CR, which will be perfect for about 14psi on stock internals. Spool up time with be instant, torque will be out the roof, and it should put down about 350whp or so... No way to know until we actually do it, this set up's only been done once or twice, so it should be interesting. There have been set ups on 100% stock H22A1s that have put down 565whp... 100% STOCK! So once I build the F22B1 bottom end... The sky's the limit.

Fuel system and everything else is in the works as I type. I'll have some pretty interesting pictures coming up here shortly... Just need to get the Damn body out of the paint shop. [:@]

Old 03-18-2006, 01:19 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

murphy boy 2, what good did a giac chip do on a 2.8????
And where did you order your lip spoiler from?
from what I heard decent gains and the torque curver is much improved. makes me sad I couldnt find a 2.8 when I was looking.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

Hey sorry man, I had been looking for an 98 2.8 a4 forever and I found this one for a sweet deal and it already had all the things on it, so unfortunately I dont know the difference between the chip versus the stock and I do not know where he got the lip from, very sorry, if I find anything ill let you know.

Jeff

Old 03-18-2006, 12:32 PM
2nd Gear

allright...I was just wondering, the one I ordered just arrived, so it isn't a big deal.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:45 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

from what I heard decent gains and the torque curver is much improved. makes me sad I couldnt find a 2.8 when I was looking.

Explain to me why you want a 2.8 because GIAC makes a chip that smoothes out the powerband a bit and eliminates the dead spot .

Its doesnt make it much faster at all . Just a bit nicer to drive . Now , try chipping your 1.8t and you wont be wanting a 2.8 anymore.

The mod possibilities are endless with the 1.8t . While with the 2.8 , all you really have to go for is a S/C which will run ya 5k.

Was your plan to keep you car 100% stock ? If it was , then a 2.8 would be the better choice .

Old 03-18-2006, 02:03 PM
5th Gear

Maybe they just wanted a car that was smoother, quieter, and makes as much hp as a chipped 1.8T.
A chipped 1.8T has around 200 hp (These are b5's, remember), and a chipped 2.8 has around 200 as well, but I bet the NA will make power earlier and longer than our 1.8T's, which run out of steam really quickly with the puny K03.
So who knows, maybe a chipped 2.8 and a chipped 1.8T are in the same area in terms of speed... and plenty of people are happy with a chip and nothing else on a 1.8T. And like I already mentioned... the 2.8 would be smoother, quieter, and more reliable.
The idea of heavily modding either one stays the same... 1.8T's are better for that... but a chipped 2.8 might be exactly what many people want.

Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 PM
a4
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sichko

In responced to the critics of my earlier post

Im not going to quote anyone in preticular.... because i dont no how and i dont really want to anyway. But in my opinion... the s4 is silly, if they wanted to make a reliable car for daily driving then why did they pull out a bi-turbo v6 sadan- that isnt reliable and isnt good on gas, thats retarded, and de-tuning is the most rediculus thing ever, all of their cars are and they still arnt reliable... I have nothing against the S4 and it is one of my favorite cars, i like the idea that a awd saden can walk half the sports cars on the road. I just think that sometimes audi need to sit down and think things out befor they do them.
He writes:

"in my opinion... the s4 is silly..."

Then:

"...that isn't reliable and isn't good on gas, that's retarded..."

then:

"...S4 and it is one of my favorite cars"

I think you should sit down and think things out before you type them.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:40 PM
2nd Gear

Hahahaha, that's funny.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

It is silly, and it is one of my favorite cars, i would just of liked it to come out of the factory with around 300 or more HP... and seeing how easily that is obtained, it seems reasonable to me. Im just saying that the audi way of de-tuning the car for "reliablilty" is stipid, why de-tune when they could put a 4-cyl eninge that is more reliable, better on gas, lighter.... but again i love the s4, the engine in it is sweet, I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE AUDI DO MORE WITH IT THOUGH.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: aRIf

straight road and there is no car on the road but us. I dont see any danger on that. I am not crazy to do that with a busy traffic.
No you dumbass you affect EVERYONE around you. A couple months ago a little girl was killed crossing a street not to far from here by some kids racing. Not only that when you get into an accident (which you will) you endanger other drivers on the road AND you are the reason why insurance rates are so high for everyone in your age group.

Quick Reply: I tought S2000 is fast