Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I raced a Lamborghini in my A4!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: I raced a Lamborghini in my A4!

haha, that is a funny story.... A shat 98 Camaro was next to me in a school zone we were side by side going 20 and I put it in 2nd and over revved a bit, and this kid took off like I wanted to race... so I followedhim to the next light, side by side light went green,and destroy him down a windy road in my stock A4, gave me a chuckle.. I even beat him in acceleration... Arent those V8's? He was definitly driving auto though, har har @ him.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ProOnThaSnow

I saw a crash test video of those smart cars, and it held up pretty well around the passenger compartment, however damn near everything outside of it was destroyed.
indeed, If i was going to be in an RTA ide much rather be in a smart than my B5 A4, however im much less likley to get into one in my B5 A4 seeing as it has decent handling.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 PM

it very well could have been a V6, but even so, it'd have been a 3.somethin Litre (I'm drawing ablank right now). The ol' V6 Camaro, the only thing that kept the Camaro name alive for so many years. My friend had one, and I actually didn't mind it, it got really good gas mileage, and was a 5 speed, so we could do donuts in it, but I'd never buy one, cuz nothin compares to Quattro.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:32 PM

Hmmm...I raced a brand new Lambo the other day and won in my little A3.[:-]

He reved his engine and lurched, and I hit the gas and took off right around him. There was absolutely no way he could keep up. Of course, he was alone in his Lambo and I had my 3 kids with me. So what you say? Well, it was around 4:30pm on the 405 and he was in the fast lane, but I was in the carpool lane! Sometimes in LA, it's not who has the faster car, it's about how many people you have riding with you. BTW, he slammed on his brakes when I passed and looked pissed as hell to be sitting in stop and go traffic with such a sweet car. LOL

Cheers!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

Traffic - 1 more reason to buy a helicopter instead of a lambo.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:16 PM

Towlie,I hope yourealize that lambo's have all wheel drive too.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:25 PM
4th Gear

Erm, if you weren't in bumper to bumper traffic there chef, he woulda destroyed you. Aren't A3's family cars, even more than our A4 is. Sigh... Im sure you were being sarcastic but you certainly did type it up like you were proud to beat a lambo in traffic

And yeah, Lambos are definitly AWD, and your prolly gonna get raped even harder in your stock A4 racing one right off the line, our 0-60 isn't great without mods and even with them its nothing to cheer about, but when your going against a car that is 0-60 in under 4 seconds (Assuming) theres no way around a loss =)

But then again, if he wants to compare MSRP value ofour cars
I'm sure if he forks over 200k to even it up we can make our cars run faster than a lambo, can anyone say new engine and weight reduction!

Old 12-15-2006, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

Erm, if you weren't in bumper to bumper traffic there chef, he woulda destroyed you. Aren't A3's family cars, even more than our A4 is. Sigh... Im sure you were being sarcastic but you certainly did type it up like you were proud to beat a lambo in traffic

And yeah, Lambos are definitly AWD, and your prolly gonna get raped even harder in your stock A4 racing one right off the line, our 0-60 isn't great without mods and even with them its nothing to cheer about, but when your going against a car that is 0-60 in under 4 seconds (Assuming) theres no way around a loss =)

But then again, if he wants to compare MSRP value of our cars
I'm sure if he forks over 200k to even it up we can make our cars run faster than a lambo, can anyone say new engine and weight reduction!
Seemed pretty clear to me that he was joking around.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

lol @ the word "raced" in the thread title. Motion to replace "raced" with "got raped by".

Old 12-15-2006, 03:56 PM

I second the motion.

Quick Reply: I raced a Lamborghini in my A4!